What Is Hypothyroidism? We are listing 11 top natural home remedies for Hypothyroidism – causes, symptoms and prevention tips. You can easily observe about hypothyroidism when you start feeling tiredness, constipation, confusion, and weight gain. These can be sign that you are suffering with hypothyroidism. Thyroid is a small gland which find in the front of neck which produces the hormones for regulating and using energy to the body. Hypothyroidism occurs when the body produces the lesser thyroid hormones. The given remedies are helpful to bring back the thyroid hormones in normal position.
Sign and Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Slowed Heart Rate
- High Blood Pressure
- Dry Skin
- Weight Gain
- Joint Pain
- Thinning and Dry hair
- Memory Confusion
- Irregular Menstrual
- Muscles Aches
- Prematurely Graying Hair
Common Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Yeast Overgrowth
- Chlorine in Drinking Water
- Fluoride in Toothpaste
- Type 1 diabetes
- Celiac Disease
- Certain medications
- Mineral deficiency
- Defect in the Thyroid Gland
- Older Age
Effective and Best Natural Treatments for Hypothyroidism
1) Ashwagandha for Hypothyroidism
Ashwagandha is a very effective natural home remedy to treat the hypothyroidism problem. Ashwagandha herb is useful to balancing your thyroid hormones. It helps to reduce the stress level and increase the stamina and energy.
- Take 500 mg ashwagandha capsules
- Intake 1 capsule in a day
- Repeat this daily
2) Flaxseeds for Hypothyroidism
Flaxseeds are another great natural home remedy to treat the hypothyroidism. Flaxseeds are rich sources of an omega-3 fatty acid that helps to increase the thyroid hormones production. Magnesium and vitamin B12 present in this are helpful to restore the functions of body and treat the hypothyroidism symptoms.
- Take 1 tablespoon flaxseeds powder and 1 glass milk
- Mix flaxseeds powder in milk
- Consume this mixture
- Repeat this twice in a day
3) Coconut Oil for Hypothyroidism
Coconut oil is very popular natural home remedy to treat the hypothyroidism. It contains fatty acids which are helpful to get rid of hypothyroidism symptoms. Regular consumption of coconut oil is beneficial to treat the hypothyroidism effectively.
- Take 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- Consume this natural oil
- You can consume it directly or with your dishes and salads
- Repeat this trice in a day
4) Minerals for Hypothyroidism
Deficiency of iodine and minerals are the main reason of Hypothyroidism. Some useful supplements are helpful to restore the minerals and iodine.
- Take iodine, selenium, zinc, molybdenum, boron, copper, chromium, manganese, and magnesium
- You can consume liquid mineral supplement after consulting your doctor
5) Ginger for Hypothyroidism
Ginger is also well known natural home remedy to treat the hypothyroidism. Ginger tea is rich source of potassium, magnesium, and polyphones which are good anti-inflammatory properties that helps to get rid of the hypothyroidism symptoms.
- Take ginger, honey and 1 cup water
- Chopper the ginger
- Steep this ginger with water for 10 minutes
- Keep aside to be cool
- Mix the honey in this mixture
- Consume this drink
- You should also include the ginger in your daily diet
- Start drinking ginger tea twice in a day
6) Kelp for Hypothyroidism
Kelp is the very beneficial natural home remedy to treat the hypothyroidism. Kelp is very rich in iodine that helps to increase the thyroid hormones production and treat the hypothyroidism.
- Take product containing 150 micrograms iodine
- Consume this daily
- Repeat once in a day for 4-5 weeks
7) Bladderwrack for hypothyroidism
Bladderwrack is also beneficial and effective remedy to treat the hypothyroidism. This is a type of seaweed that helps to restore the iodine deficiency in body. In result it can be treated the Symptoms of hypothyroidism.
- Take 2 teaspoons bladderwrack herb, honey and cup of hot water
- Steep this herbs with the water for 10 minutes
- Strain this mixture and allow it to be cool
- Mix the honey in this and consume
- Repeat this twice in a day
8) Vitamins for Hypothyroidism
Deficiency of vitamins is also the main reason of hypothyroidism. So you should take the vitamins B12 and C on regular basis to treat the hypothyroidism symptoms. Vitamin B12 is helpful to stimulates the thyroid gland function and vitamin C helps to reduce the stress level.
- You need to start the food which are rich in vitamins like citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, fish, meat, eggs, etc
- After consultation with doctor you can also take the vitamin supplements
9) Black Walnut for Hypothyroidism
Black walnut is mostly used natural home remedy to treat the hypothyroidism. The Vitamins and minerals present in the walnut helps in improving digestive functions and treating hypothyroidism symptoms.
- Take few drops of black walnut hull extract and 1 glass of water
- Mix these properly
- Consume this effective mixture
- Repeat this thrice in a day
10) Guggul for Hypothyroidism
Guggul is another good home remedy for treating the hypothyroidism. Generally guggul use to get rid of acne and for reducing weight. Guggul contains guggulsterone that is beneficial to treat the hypothyroidism symptoms.
- Take 25 mg guggul supplementation
- Consume one daily after your doctor consultation
11) Nettle for Hypothyroidism
Nettle is the remedy which is also used to treat the hypothyroidism. Nettle is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, and iodine that helps to reduce the deficiency of iodine, vitamin etc and treat the symptoms of hypothyroidism.
- Take 2 teaspoons of stinging nettle tea, honey and 1 cup of hot water
- Mix nettle in the hot water and steep for 10 minutes
- Strain and keep aside to be cool
- Then mix honey in this
- Drink this effective tea
- Repeat this twice in a day
Foods to Consume for Preventing Hypothyroidism
- Gluten-free grains
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Dairy products
Foods to Avoid for Preventing Hypothyroidism
- Soy foods
Important Prevention Tips for Hypothyroidism
- Screened every 5 years after 35 years
- Screened during and after pregnancy
- Stop smoking
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid caffeine
- Don’t take stress
- Drink filtered water
- Avoid junk food
- Take iodine riched food
- Regular exercising and yoga
In this post you have read about about 11 top natural home remedies for Hypothyroidism – causes, symptoms and prevention tips. Please share these pos to your friends and known ones on facebook, twitter, whats app etc so that they can also know about these effective remedies for Hypothyroidism and take the advantage of this informative post.