What Are Swollen Feet? How to treat swollen feet naturally? What are the best home remedies for treating swollen feet? You will get the answers of all your questions in this article. We are listing 12 best effective natural home remedies for swollen feet. Swelling in the any body part is called edema. When fluids accumulate in one part of the body is the reason of swollen feet. Sometime it is painful but most of the cases it is painless. If you feel the swollen feet then you should start the below listed home remedies to treat this problem. All these are easily available and well effective to get rid of swollen feet problem.
Best Natural Home Remedies to Reduce Swelling in Feet
1) Epsom Salt for Swollen Feet
Epsom salt is one of the most effective natural home remedies to treat the swollen feet. Epsom salt contains crystals of hydrated magnesium sulfate which is very useful to reduce the swelling in the feet and provide the relief from pain and inflammation caused by swollen feet.
- Take half cup Epsom salt and 1 bucket warm water
- Mix Epsom salt in the warm bucket water
- Now soak swollen feet in this epsom salt water for 20 minutes
- Do this at the night before going to bed
2) Tonic Water for Swollen Feet
Tonic water is another good solution for treating the swollen feet problem. Generally tonic water is used to treat the malaria. It can also be used to reduce the swelling of feet. Quinine present in this will work as anti-inflammatory agent and provide the relaxation in the swollen feet.
- Take tub filled with Tonic water
- Soak the feet in this water for 20 minutes
- After that wash your feet with normal water
- Repeat when you feel the swollen feet problem
3) Baking Soda for Swollen Feet
Baking soda is very effective home remedies to treat the swollen feet. Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the swelling and inflammation of your feet. Use of this home remedy will helpful to improve your blood circulation.
- Take 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon rice water
- Mix both properly and prepare the paste
- Apply this paste on your swollen feet
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Then wash off with normal water
- Repeat this remedy when you feel swelling in your feet
4) Lemon Juice for Swollen Feet
Lemon juice is very good natural home remedy to treat the swollen feet. Lemon contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce the inflammation and swelling of your feet. When you mix the cinnamon and olive oil in the lemon juice and use on your affected feet then it become very effective to reduce the swelling in your feet.
- Take half tablespoon lemon juice, half tablespoon cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon milk
- Mix all these and prepare the paste
- Apply this paste on your swollen feet at night before going to bed
- Leave it on for overnight
5) Apple Cider Vinegar for Swollen Feet
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most useful natural home remedy to treat the swollen feet. Apple cider vinegar has fluid absorption property which is helpful to reduce the swelling of your feet instantly.
- Take 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 3 cups warm water and 3 cups cold water
- First mix the half cup ACV with 3 cup warm water in a bowl
- Then mix remaining half cup ACV with 3 cups normal water in another bowl
- Now soak a clean towel in warm water ACV mixture and wrap on the affected feet for 20 minutes
- The soak towel in normal water ACV mixture and wrap on affected feet for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process for 1 hour alternatively
6) Parsley for Swollen Feet
Parsley is also very effective home remedy to treat the swollen feet. Parsley contains the fluid retention property which helps to reduce the swelling of your feet quickly. Anti-inflammatory property of parsley is also beneficial to reduce the inflammation and pain caused by swollen feet.
- Take 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves and 1 cup of hot water
- Steep the parsley leaves in hot water
- Strain this solution and consume as tea
- Repeat thrice in a day for best result
7) Barley Water for Swollen Feet
Barley water is another very effective solution to reduce the swollen feet. Barley is helpful to flush out the toxins stored as fluid in your feet. Fluid retention property of barley is effective to treat the swollen feet problem.
- Take handful of barley grains and 2 cups water
- Boil the barley leaves for 15 minutes
- Then strain this solution
- Keep it to be cool
- Drink this solution
- Repeat twice in a day
8) Ginger Oil for Swollen Feet
Ginger is very popular natural home remedy for various health, and skin problems. Ginger oil is also beneficial to treat the swollen feet problem. Ginger oil contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce the inflammation and swelling effectively. Ginger oil also helps to improve the blood circulation and treat the swollen feet.
- Take few drops of ginger essential oil, 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix both properly
- Do the gentle massage with this oil mixture for 10 minutes
- Leave it on for overnight to be absorb
- Repeat once at night before going to bed
9) Ice Pack for Swollen Feet
Ice pack is very easy and effective solution to treat the swollen feet. Cold compress is beneficial to reduce any swelling and reduce the pain and inflammation. Ice pack is effective to improve the blood circulation of the swollen feet area.
- Take Ice pack
- Place ice pack on swollen feet for 15 minutes
- Apply the ice pack after 1 hour of feeling the swollen feet
10) Grapefruit Oil for Swollen Feet
Grapefruit oil is one of the best natural oil that helps to treat the swollen feet naturally. Grapefruit oil contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which are helpful to reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by swollen feet.
- Take few drops grapefruit oil and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix these both oils properly
- Do the gentle massage on the affected feet
- Leave it on for overnight
- Repeat once daily at night
11) Cucumber for Swollen Feet
Cucumber is very well known natural home remedy for health, hair and skin. Cucumber is also beneficial to treat the swollen feet problem. Cucumber contains soothing properties which helps to provide relief from swelling in feet.
- Take cucumber and Bandage
- Make the several slices of cucumber
- Place slices on the affected feet
- Now cover this with bandage for half an hour
- Repeat once daily
12) Cabbage Leaves for Swollen Feet
Cabbage is another great natural home remedy to treat the swollen feet. This is very easily available and effective to treat the swelling of your feet and provide relief from inflammation and pain. Anti-inflammatory and healing properties of cabbage are helpful to treat swollen leaf effectively.
- Take green cabbage and a Bandage
- Wipe cabbage leaves properly
- Place these leaves on swollen feet
- Cover with the bandage for half an hour
- Repeat twice in a day
13) Dandelion Tea for Swollen Feet
Dandelion tea is very effective natural home remedy to treat the swollen feet. Danelion contains water expulsive properties, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties which are helpful to treat the inflammation and pain caused by swollen feet.
- Take 1 tablespoon dandelion herb and cup of boil water
- Add the herb in water and boil for few minutes
- Strain and drink this tea
- Repeat this tea twice in a day to get relief from swollen feet
In this article you have read about 13 best effective natural home remedies for swollen feet. All these remedies are easily available and without any side effects. Use yourself and please share with your friends and known ones so that they can also aware about this natural treatment options for reducing swelling in feet. Please share on whatsapp, facebook, twitter as well. Leave your valuable comments in the comment section.