What is phlebitis? What are the causes, symptoms and treatment of phlebitis? You will know all about phlebitis in this article. We are listing 9 effective natural home remedies for Phlebitis – causes, symptoms and prevention tips. Phlebitis is basically warm or tender stringy structures on arms and legs, this nerve condition is called phlebitis. Phlebitis can be treated easily if start the treatment on time. It can be dangerous if you delay in treatment of phlebitis. There are many home remedies that can be very effective to treat the phlebitis. Keep reading to know more about phlebitis.
During phlebitis inflammation of veins can be occurring. Veins are responsible for caring blood from organs and limbs back to your heart. When the blood clot happen in the ways of vein then it leads to the inflammation.
Causes of Phlebitis
- Poor Posture
- Bacterial Infections
- Venous Insufficiency
- Problem in Blood Circulation
Signs and Symptoms of Phlebitis
- Tenderness in muscles
- Stringy structures on skin
Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Phlebitis
1) Hot or Cold Compress for Phlebitis
Hot pack or cold pack is very effective and easy method to get rid of phlebitis problem. Cold pack can be helpful to alleviate the swelling and pain of the affected area. Hot pack can be helpful to provide relief from pain and improve blood circulation.
- Take warm or cold compress
- Place it on the affected leg or arms
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes
- Do this 2-3 times in a day
2) Peppermint oil for Phlebitis
Peppermint oil is also very good natural home remedies to treat the Phlebitis. Peppermint oil contains menthol which is helpful to provide relief from pain and inflammation. Peppermint oil is beneficial to stimulate the blood circulation and dissolve the clots.
- Take few drops of peppermint oil and half tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix both oil properly
- Apply this solution on the affected area
- Leave it on for half an hour
- Then wash it with water
- Repeat this thrice in a day
3) Lemon Juice and Baking Soda for Phlebitis
Lemon and baking soda both are the proven home remedy to treat the phlebitis. Lemon and baking soda contain anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the inflammation in your veins.
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and half teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix all these ingredients properly
- Consume this mixture
- Repeat this twice in a day
4) Apple Cider Vinegar for Phlebitis
Apple Cider Vinegar is another popular natural home remedy that is helpful for phlebitis. Apple Cider Vinegar contains acetic acid and anti-inflammatory properties that is beneficial to reduce inflammation, swelling and pain caused by phlebitis.
- Take 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 glass of warm water
- Mix these properly
- Drink this solution
- Repeat acv solution twice in a day
5) Aloe Vera for Phlebitis
Aloe Vera is the mostly used natural home remedy that is helpful for phlebitis. Aloe Vera is beneficial to reduce the phlebitis symptoms due to its effective natural properties.
- Take Aloe Vera leaf
- Cut it and extract the gel
- Apply this aloe Vera gel on the affected area
- Leave it for half an hour
- Repeat this thrice in a day
6) Warm Water Compress for Phlebitis
Warm water compress is the very easy and simple home remedy that helps to reduce the swelling and pain caused by phlebitis. This is also called fluid therapy which helps to reduce the symptoms of phlebitis.
- Take Warm water and clean cloth
- Soak the cloth in warm water
- Extract the extra water
- Now apply this wet cloth on affected area
- Leaver it for 10 minutes
- Then cover the area with plastic wrap
- Repeat this thrice in a day
7) Ginger for Phlebitis
Ginger is well known natural ingredient with anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning properties. This is helpful to dissolve the blood clots. Included the ginger in your regular diet is beneficial for blood-thinning. Use ginger in your cooking and consume that food which can be helpful to deal with the pain and inflammation caused by phlebitis as well.
8) Drink Pineapple Juice for Phlebitis
Pineapples are very beneficial fruit that helps to get rid the symptoms of Phlebitis.Pinapple juice contains many enzymes that are beneficial in the treatment of thrombophlebitis. Brome laid present in the pineapple juice is naturally effective to reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by Phlebitis. Pineapple juice has blood-thinning property that can help to dissolve the blood clots and provide relief from inflammation of veins.
- Take the pineapple
- Extract the fresh juice
- Drink 1 glass of pineapple juice
- Repeat twice in a day
9) Garlic and Onion for Phlebitis
Onion and garlic both are also good natural home remedies to treat the Phlebitis symptoms. Onion and garlic contain paraffinic, polysulfide’s, adenosine, and illicit that are effective for blood thinning. These ingredients available in the onion and garlic can be helpful to prevent blood platelets from clumping together to form blood clots. Include onion and garlic in your daily diet which is beneficial to reduce the pain and inflammation caused by Phlebitis as well.
Note: All the above given home remedies are not meant to substitute blood-thinning medications prescribed by doctor. Please do not stop any prescribed medication without consulting your doctor.
Proper care and attention along with the given home remedies are the easy way to cure the symptoms of phlebitis.
Prevention Tips to Cure Phlebitis
- Keep Moving
- Do not stay in a same position for long time
- Avoid massaging over clots
- Wear socks for compression
- Do Stretching of legs and arms
- Drink plenty of water
- Do the regular exercise
In this post you have gone through with all about phlebitis. All above 9 effective natural home remedies for Phlebitis – causes, symptoms and prevention tips Phlebitis are very effective to get rid of symptoms of phlebitis. You need to start these remedies along with the prevention tips with consultation of your doctor. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also know about phlebitis – symptoms, causes, and treatment and prevention tips.