What is a effective remedies for menstrual blood clots? Are you worried about blood clots during menstrual period? We are listing 12 effective natural home remedies for blood clots during period, symptoms, causes, side effects and prevention tips. Menstrual blood is normal and most women will experience in their lives. Blood clots in the any part of body can be dangerous. Blood clots formed with menstrual cycle cannot be dangerous. But if you suffer this problem for more than 7 days the you should go for medication. Keep reading to know more about these remedies for blood clots in menstrual cycle.
You do not need to worry if the blood clots are small and less. But if you are regularly suffering with large clots during your period then you should go for treatment.
Types of Blood Clots
- Normal Blood Clots:
- Smaller in size
- Bright or Dark in color
Abnormal Blood Clots
- Frequently Occur
Causes of Blood Clots during Periods
Thick and grows endometrium, supports the fertile egg during conception. If woman does not conceive during this period, then the lining sheds off. This process is called menstruation and shedding is the reason of blood clots during period. Shed lining may get mixed with blood, mucus and tissue.
Endometrium pools in the lower part of uterus and look for the cervix to contract to be expelled. Body produces anticogulants for breakdown of lining. Blood flow passes produced the anticoagulants that result blood clots.
Top Home Remedies To Treat Blood Clots during Periods
1) Red Raspberry Leaf Tea for Blood Clots during Period
Red raspberry leaves are good natural home remedy to treat the blood clots problem during period. It contains fragarine, which is an alkaloid that helps tone the uterus and balance hormones in return it can be treated the blood clots during period.
- Take 1 teaspoon of red raspberry tea, honey and 1 cup of water
- Mix red raspberry tea to a cup of water and boil for 5 minutes
- Strain and keep aside to be cool
- Now mix honey in this solution
- Drink this twice in a day
2) Cayenne Pepper for Blood Clots during Period
Cayenne pepper is another natural home remedy to treat the blood clots during period. Cayenne pepper is helpful to enhances blood flow, which can be treating various bleeding-related problems.
- Take half teaspoon of cayenne pepper powdered, honey and 1 glass of warm water
- Add cayenne powder in warm water
- Now mix honey in this solution
- Drink this mixture
- Repeat this twice in a day
3) Apple Cider Vinegar for Blood Clots during Period
Apple cider vinegar is very effective natural home remedy to treat the blood clots problem during period. ACV consumption is act as a tonic that helps to flush toxins out from body body and maintain hormonal balance. Apple cider Vinegar is beneficial to cure the various health problems such as cramping, headaches, irritability and fatigue etc.
- Take 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix this in 1 glass of water
- Intake this effective solution
- Repeat this thrice in a day
4) Cold Compress for Blood Clots during Period
Cold compresses are good method to treat the blood clot problem during period. It helps to provide the constricts the blood vessels and provide numbing effect that in turn treat the blood clot problem during menstrual cycle.
- Take ice pack
- Apply this ice pack to your lower abdomen
- Leave it for 2 minutes
- Repeat this 3-4 times of interval of 5 minutes
5) Ginger Tea for Blood Clots during Period
Ginger tea is very popular and effective natural home remedy to treat the blood clots problem during period. It is also helpful to reduce the heavy blood flow during menstrual cycle.
- Take 1 teaspoon of minced ginger, honey and 1 cup of water
- Mix ginger to a cup of water and boil for 5 minutes
- Strain and keep aside to be cool
- Now mix honey in this
- Consume it twice in a day
6) Vitamins for Blood Clots during Period
Vitamins are very beneficial to deal with blood clots during period. Vitamins A, B, D, and C help to provide the heavy bleeding and clotting during menstrual period.
Vitamin A contains antioxidant properties that help to protect cells from damage. Vitamin B, are necessary for prostaglandins production which help to reduce blood clots during period. Vitamin D is beneficial to balance the hormones to control the excess bleeding during period. Vitamin C is helpful to strengthen the fragile cells and blood vessels.
7) Chamomile Tea for Blood Clots during Period
Chamomile Tea is another natural remedy to treat the blood clot problem during period. Chamomile Tea has Couperin that helps in blood thinning in turn the reduce blood clots. Chamomile Tea contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the menstrual cramps and pain.
- Take 1 teaspoon of chamomile tea, honey and 1 cup of water
- Mix chamomile tea to a cup of water and boil for 5 minutes
- Now strain and keep aside to be cool
- Mix some honey in this solution
- Drink this effective tea
- Repeat twice in a day
8) Blackstrap Molasses for Blood Clots during Period
Blackstrap Molasses is rich in iron which is very effective to treat the blood clots problem during period. Iron present in this helps to encourages red blood cells production. Blackstrap Molasses also helps to soothing uterine muscles and walls. Drinking this remedy is effective to reduce the pain and blood clots during menstrual cycle.
- Take 2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses and 1 cup of warm water
- Mix this properly
- Drink the effective solution
- Repeat once daily for best result
9) Coriander Seeds for Blood Clots during Period
Coriander seeds are another very good natural option to treat the blood clots during period. Coriander seeds help to reduce the heavy blood flow and it is beneficial to maintain the hormonal balance in females.
- Take 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Boil these in 2 cups water
- Once half amount of water left then off the flame
- Now strain and mix little honey in this
- Consume this mixture thrice in a day
10) Comfrey for Blood Clots during Period
Comfrey is another effective home remedy to treat the blood clots problem during period. Comfrey is very effective remedy to reduce heavy bleeding during menstrual cycle. Comfrey helps to constrict the blood vessels and control heavy bleeding.
- Take 2 teaspoons of comfrey leaves
- Boil with 1 cup water for 15 minutes
- Now strain and drink it
- Repeat once daily
11) Garlic for Blood Clots during Period
Garlic is well known natural home remedy to treat the blood clots during period. Garlic is also helpful to deal with the various health, skin and hair issue. Garlic contains sulfur that helps to exhibits anticoagulant activity against clotting.
- Take Minced garlic
- You can start chewing this or add with your daily food
- Repeat this effective remedy daily for getting relieve from blood clots
12) Pumpkin Seeds for Blood Clots during Period
Pumpkin seeds are also effective remedy to deal with blood clot problem in period. Pumpkin seeds contain and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids that help to ease blood clots during menstruation period.
- Take 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Break their shells
- Consume these once daily
All the given remedies are helpful to treat the blood clot problem during period. But prevention is also important along with the remedies. Here are some must follow prevention tips.
Side Effects of Menstrual Clotting
- Anemia can be occur
- Severe Pain
- Period Cramps
Note: Please visit to your doctor if menstrual blood clots are frequent happen.
- Prevention Tips for Blood Clots during Period
- Avoid vitamin K containing foods
- Consume vitamin C rich foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise daily
In this post you have gone through with 12 effective natural home remedies for blood clots during period, symptoms, causes and prevention tips for blood clots. Please share this post to your known ones and friends so that they can also use these effective remedies to cure blood clots problem during periods.