Tick bite? No worry, we are listing 18 effective home remedies for tick bites in this article. All these natural home remedies are effective and beneficial to treat the ticks bite. Before discussing about remedies of ticks bite, we should know what is the tick? What are the symptoms of ticks bite? Keep reading to know more about ticks and ticks bite.
What are the Ticks?
Tick is the little parasites which belong to arachnid family and similar like a spider. They are generally find in the summer and spring season. Ticks do not belongs to spider or insect categories. How do ticks bite? Ticks sucks the blood by attaching themselves to the human body. Ticks generally bite to the people, who works in forest, farms and mostly wooded area. Ticks can be bit to the animal also like cats and dogs.
Sign and Symptoms for Tick Bites
- Shortness of Breath
- Joint pain
Top Home Remedies for Ticks
1) Combs for Ticks
Combs are another easy, simple and cheapest solution for ticks. Always do the comb to your pets after returning from outside. You should do the comb daily one time. Combing will help to remove the ticks from the pet’s body. Combing is also helpful to reduce the irritation due to ticks.
2) Aromatherapy Oil for Ticks
Aromatherapy oils are the good home remedies for ticks. You can use any of the aromatherapy oil like cinnamon, lavender, lemon and basil oil. All these are natural solutions for removing ticks.
- Take the Lemon oil, Lavender oil and Basil oil
- Mix these three oils
- Stir it properly and soak cloth in this mixture
- Wrap this cloth on body which is helpful to remove ticks from body
- You can use this remedy for your animals as well
3) Neem Oil for Ticks
Neem oil is also great home remedy for ticks. Neem oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to deal with ticks. There are several methods to remove the ticks. You need to take the neem oil on palm and rub on your body. Dilute neem oil with cocounut oil and rub this mixture on the body of your pets. Neem oil is also beneficial for removing ticks from human body as well. Gently apply little neem oil on body and cover it.
4) Apple Cider Vinegar for Ticks
Apple cider vinegar is well known natural home remedy for many health, skin and hair problems. Apple cider vinegar is also effective for removing ticks as well.
- Take the apple cider vinegar and water
- Mix in the bowl and add half teaspoon salt
- Keep this solution in spray bottle
- Use this spry to your pets body for removing the ticks
5) Witch Hazel for Ticks
Witch hazel is also good natural ingredient to remove the ticks. Using witch hazel on pets are beneficial to remove the ticks from their body.
- Take the 10 tablespoon witch hazel and 1 tablespoon lemon eucalyptus oil
- Mix these properly
- Fill in the spray bottle and spray on the pet’s body
- You can also spray this solution on the corners of home and carpet etc
6) Lemon Juice for Ticks
Lemon is the great neural home remedy to remove the ticks. Lemon contains citrus acid, that helps for removing ticks. Take the lemon juice and spray on the pets’ body or the area where ticks find. Prepare the spray as given below and use.
- Take lemon juice, peppermint oil, and citrus oil
- Mix all these properly and keep in spray bottle
- Spray this solution on your pet’s body
7) Cedar Oil for Ticks
Cedar oil is also another option to remove the ticks. You just need to spray the cede oil for removing the ticks. Cedar is helpful for removing other insects as well. You can directly apply the cedar oil on the pet’s body and the places where ticks can be find.
8) Vegetable Oil for Ticks
Vegetable oils are also one of the great natural ingredient to get rid of ticks. Vegetable oils contains sulphur that works as natural repellent for removing ticks.
- Take two teaspoons of vegetable oil and 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Then mix 1 teaspoon of dish washing liquid
- Stir this mixture properly
- Apply the solution on pet’s body
9) Vaseline for Ticks
Vaseline is the simple and easily available home remedy to remove ticks. You can easily apply yourself.
- Take some Vaseline
- Put it on your palm
- Rub this on your pet’s affected body
- The ticks will be die
- Then comb the fur of your pets
- You can easily remove the ticks from your pets
10) Garlic for Ticks
Garlic is also a very good natural home remedy for removing the ticks. This is a strong repellent for ticks. You should not give the raw garlic to the dogs. Give the soup or any other food by mixing the garlic.
11) Baking Soda for Ticks
Baking soda is another natural home remedy to remove the ticks. You need to follow the below steps and remove the ticks easily from pet’s body.
- Take the half teaspoon baking soda and salt
- Mix these properly
- Then add the half teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Keep this solution in spray bottle
- Spray over the pet’s affected body area
12) Permethrin for Ticks
Permethrin is a good toxic substance that can be effective to kill the ticks. You can easily use this remedy for removing the ticks. Simply take the permethrin and spray on the corners, cloths and mattress for removing the ticks.
- Take the sponge and permethrin-10 solution
- Dip the sponge in this
- Rub this wet sponge on the pet’s body
- This will easily kill the ticks
13) Eucalyptus Oil for Ticks
Eucalyptus oil is good essential oil that can be use to remove the ticks. It is very easy to prepare this remedy to use against the ticks.
- Take the leaves of eucalyptus
- Boil these leaves in 1 liter water
- Keep aside to be cool
- Strain this solution and keep in spray bottle
- Spray on the pets affected body
14) Clove for Ticks
Clove is another great natural home remedy for removing the ticks. Cloves contains the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that are helpful to kill the ticks.
- Take the cloves oil
- Put on your palm
- Gently apply on the pet’s body
15) Orange for Ticks
Orange is the fruit which contains the citric acid in good amount. Citric acid present in the orange helps to remove the ticks.
- Take the orange
- Extract the juice from these
- Gently apply the orange juice on the pet’s body
- This method helps to easily remove the ticks
16) Tea Tree Oil for Ticks
Tea tree oil can be used as a good remedy for removing the ticks. You can use the tea tree oil as given method.
- Take the tea tree oil
- Mix this in the shampoo
- Apply this shampoo over pet’s body for removing the ticks
17) Mouthwash for Ticks
Mouthwash can be also used as a home remedy for removing the ticks and other insects as well. Use the mouthwash as given below to remove the ticks.
- Take the mouthwash and cotton ball
- Pour the mouthwash on cotton ball
- Apply this on the affected area of pet’s body
18) Cinnamon Oil for Ticks
Cinnamon oil is well known natural home remedy for removing the ticks. This is the great and easily use to get rid of ticks. Cinnamon oil is good natural repellent to get rid of ticks.
- Take the cinnamon oil
- Mix this in the water and fill in spray bottle
- Gently spray on the pet’s body
- You can directly apply the cinnamon oil to remove the ticks
In this post you have gone through with 18 Amazing home remedies for tick bites. Please share this post to your known ones so that they can aware about these best home remedies to get rid of ticks from pet’s body. So start using these remedies and keep your pets safe and happy.