What is cervical spondylosis? What are the symptoms of cervical spondylosis? In this article we are listing 10 Best Home Remedies for Cervical Spondylosis – Symptoms, Causes, and Exercises tips. Cervical spondylosis is the common problems. Can you imagine, more that 90% of people over age of 60 are affected with cervical spondylosis. Cervical spine located in your neck, is affect in this problem. It can also called as neck arthritis. You can easily cure the cervical spondylosis by using natural home remedies and some exercise. Keep reading to know more about this health problem and cure the symptoms of cervical spondylosis. Cervical spondylosis develops as a result of wear and tear of the bones and cartilages.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis
- Pain around the shoulder blades
- Pain in arms and fingers
- Pain increase while sneezing, Coughing, tilting neck backward
- Stiffness of the neck
- Loss of balance
Causes and Risk Factors for Cervical Spondylosis
- Uncomfortable position of neck for long time
- Family history
- Overgrowth of bone
- Dehydration of the spinal discs
- Herniated discs
- Stiffness of ligaments
- Pressure on the spine
- Injuries to the neck
Best Home Remedies to Cure Cervical Spondylosis Symptoms
1) Epsom Salt Baths for Cervical Spondylosis
Epsom salt bath is one of the best and easy home remedies to cure the cervical spondylosis. Epson salt contains magnesium, that has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce the pain and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis.
- Take 1 cup Epsom salt and Water filled bath tub
- Mix epsom salt in water properly
- Soak in Epsom salt bath for half an hour
- Repeat thrice in a week
2) Hot and Cold Compress for Cervical Spondylosis
Hot compress and cold compress both are very easy and effective solution for treating cervical spondylosis symptoms. Hot compress helps to increase the circulation and reduce the pain and stiffness. Cold compress is helpful to reduce swelling and numbs of the affected area.
- Take hot compress and cold compress
- Gently apply cold compress on the affected area
- Put it on for 2-3 minutes and repeat this process
- After 24 hours place the hot compress on affected area
- Put it on for 2-3 minutes and repeat the process
- Do this daily for fast relief from cervical spondylosis symptoms
3) Garlic for Cervical Spondylosos
Garlic is one of the best home remedies that can be beneficial for various health and skin related issues. Garlic contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which are helpful to reduce the pain, swelling and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis.
- Take 3 peeled garlic cloves
- Chew these in the morning
- Repeat once daily
4) Turmeric for Cervical Spondylosis
Turmeric is well known natural home remedy for pain relieving. Turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that are helpful to reduce the pain and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis. Use of turmeric is beneficial to treat the symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 glass hot milk
- Mix properly and drink
- Do this at night before going to bed
- Repeat this process daily
5) Sesame Oil for Cervical Spodylosis
Sesame oil is another beneficial natural home remedy to treat the symptoms of cervical spodylosis. Sesame seeds are very effective remedy to reduce the pain and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis.
- Take 1 tablespoon sesame oil and hot compress
- Massage on the affected area with this oil for 10 minutes
- Then apply hot compress on it and leave for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process thrice in a day
6) Ginger for Cervical Spodlylosis
Ginger is most effective natural home remedy to treat the symptoms of cervical spodylosis. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which are helpful to reduce the pain and inflammation caused by cervical spodylosis.
- Take 1 teaspoon grated ginger and 1 cup water
- Add ginger in cup of water and boil for 5 minutes
- Strain and consume this ginger tea
- Repeat this thrice in a day
7) Apple Cider Vinegar for Cervical Spondylosis
Apple cider vinegar is effective natural home remedy for reducing the symptoms of cervical spondylosis. Apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps to provide relief from pain and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis.
- Take Apple cider vinegar and a clean cloth
- Soak cloth in apple cider vinegar
- Place it on affected area
- Leave it for half an hour
- Repeat this thrice in a day
8) Neem for Cervical Spondylosis
Indian lilac or neem is well known and effective natural anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial ingredient. These properties of neem will be helpful to deal with cervical spondylosis.
- Take 1 tablespoon Indian lilac and Water
- Prepare the thick paste and heat this little
- Apply this paste on affected areas
- Leave it on for half an hour
- RInse off with water
- Repeat this process twice in a day for best result
9) Guggul for Cervical Spodlylosis
Guggul is another very good natural ingredient to treat the cervical spodlylosis symptoms. Guggul contains anti-inflammatory properties which is beneficial to reduce the pain and inflammation of cervical spine. We recommend that pleas use this remedy after consulting your doctor.
- Take 500 mg guggul supplement
- Consume this once daily
- Note* take it after doctor cosultation only
10) Omega-3 for Cervical Spondylosis
Omega-3 is again prove itself to provide relief from the sympoms of cervical spondylosis. Omega-3 contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis.
- Take 250-500 mg omega-3
- Consume 250 to 500 mg of omega-3
- You should include the omega-3 food in your diet such as fatty fish, flaxseed, nuts, walnuts, etc
11) Vitamins for Cervical Spodylosis
Vitamins are most essential for our health. Some vitamins such as vitamins B12 and D can be helpful to avoid risk of cervical spodylosis symptoms. Defficiancy of these vitamins increase the chance of cervcal spodylosis. You should include the foods which are ricjed in vitamin B12 and D such as fatty fish, egg yolks, cheese, poultry, and milk etc. You can also take the vitamin supplements as well.
12) Peppermint Oil for Cervical Spodylosis
Peppermint oil is very effective natural home remedy to treat the symptoms of cervical spodylosis. Peppermint oil contains menthol and menthol has strong anti-inflammatory property which helps to reduce the pain and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis.
- Take 6 drops peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix both properly
- Massage with this mixture gently on affected area
- Leave it on for half an hour
- Repeat this twice in a day for best result
Best Exercise for Curing Cervical Spondylosis
Exercise is the very important to treat the cervical spondylosis. Do your known which exercise is best to reduce the symptoms of cervical spondylosis? Find helps and start doing to get relief from cervical spine pain. These given simple exercises are helpful to stretch your neck muscles and provide relief from stiffness and pain of cervical spine.
1) Stretch your Neck Exercise for Cervical spondylosis
Push the chin until your neck is completely stretched. Once you stretched completely then hold for 5 second in the same position. Repeat this same for 5-6 times. Do this twice in a day.
2) Neck Tilt Exercise for Cervical Spodylosis
Neck tilt exercise means you need to tilt your head from one side to the other towards shoulder. Then hold for 5 second in the same position and repeat it for 5-6 times. Do this exercise twice in a day.
3) Neck Turn Exercise for Cervical Spodylosis
In this effective exercise you need to turn your neck to one side and then to the other side towards your shoulder. Hold for 5 second in each position. Repeat 5-6 times.
I hope you have known all about 12 Best Home Remedies for Cervical Spondylosis – Symptoms, Causes, and Exercises tips. All these home remedies are easily available and very effective. You should also follow the precautions along with the remedies to get fast relief from the pain and inflammation caused by cervical spondylosis. Please share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also know about these and cure them self from cervical spondylosis. Please leave your valuable comments in the comment section.