What is vertigo? What are the causes, symptoms and treatment of vertigo? In this article we are listing 8 best home remedies to treat vertigo – causes, symptoms and diets for vertigo. Vertigo is basically a condition causes sudden, intense dizziness and nausea. This is kind of sudden change in your existence like you sits with a normal mood and suddenly you feel like spinning violently, you feel as unconsciousness, vomiting, and fatigue. You cannot even stand on your feet normally. But no need to worry, you can easily cure the vertigo condition by given effective natural home remedies. Keep reading to know more about the vertigo and its treatment.
Common Causes of Vertigo
- Low blood pressure
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol levels
- Injuries to the head or neck
- Inner ear inflammation
- Calcium carbonate deposits in the ear
- Brain tumor
- Motion sickness
Common Symptoms of Vertigo
Best Home Remedies for Vertigo
1) Peppermint Oil for Vertigo
Peppermint oil is very effective home remedy to treat the vertigo. You can use this to treat your headache, nausea, which are the main symptoms of vertigo. Use peppermint as given below to treat the vertigo symptoms.
- Take few drops of peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon almond oil
- Mix both properly
- Gently apply this mixture of forehead and back of neck
- You should use this remedy immediately when vertigo happen
2) Ginger for Vertigo
Ginger is a very beneficial and effective natural home remedy to cure the vertigo symptoms such as headache, dizziness and nausea. Ginger helps to stimulate blood flow to the brain and get relieve from dizziness and treat vertigo.
- Take raw ginger or ginger candy
- Start chewing the small piece of ginger
- You can also take ginger candy when fell vertigo symptoms
- Alternatively prepare the ginger tea and consume it
3) Frankincense Oil for Vertigo
Frankincense oil is one of the best natural home remedy to treat the vertigo effectively. Frankincense Oil is helpful to treat the stress, anxiety and ear infections. It helps to keep you calm and relax as well.
- Take Frankincense oil
- Place two drops of frankincense oil under your tongue
- Repeat after half an hour
- Use this when you feel requirement
4) Clary Sage Oil for Vertigo
Clary sage oil is very effective home remedy to treat the headache, anxiety, stress and helps to keep you cool and calm. Use this remedy to treat the vertigo effectively.
- Take few drops of clary sage oil and Vaporizer
- Mix the oil to the vaporizer
- Inhale the vapors when you feel vertigo attack
5) Ginkgo Biloba for Vertigo
Ginkgo biloba is another home remedy to treat the vertigo effectively. This remedy is beneficial to cure from dizziness, nausea, and headache which are the symptoms of vertigo. Gingko biloba helps boosting the blood circulation within the inner ear and brain.
- Take Ginkgo biloba tablets
- Consume 1 tablet a day
- Do this for a week
6) Juices for Vertigo
Juices are another natural way to treat the vertigo symptoms. Carrot, pineapple, and orange juice are beneficial for nourishment and provide energy to treat the vertigo symptoms such as dizziness. Lemon juice is an excellent natural home remedy to deal with nausea and vomiting.
- Take Ginger juice or carrot juice or pineapple juice or lemon juice or orange juice
- Consume the juice daily once
- You can add pinch of salt with lemon and ginger juice and consume
- You can also mix honey for better taste
- Drink this healthy juice for treating vertigo
7) Ginger Oil for Vertigo
Ginger oil is good and effective natural home remedy to treat the vertigo symptoms. Ginger contains anti-nausea property which helps to treat the symptoms of vertigo such as vomiting, dizziness, etc.
- Take Ginger oil
- Apply 2-3 drops of ginger oil on the nape of neck, and behind your ears
- Also apply on bottom of feet
- Use this when vertigo attack
8) Grapefruit Oil for Vertigo
Grapefruit oil is one of the most used natural oil to treat the vertigo symptoms. Grapefruit oil helps to keep your home fresh which is beneficial to reduce the stress, and other symptoms of vertigo.
- Take Grapefruit oil and Diffuser
- Pour few drops in diffuser
- Inhale and keep refreshing your home
- Repeat this daily
Some Important Diets for Vertigo
Nutritional diets are also important with the home remedies to treat the vertigo. Here we are listing some important diets to cure the symptoms of vertigo.
- Whole grain bread
- Vegetable juices
- Foods rich in vitamin B3,
- Foods rich in niacin
- Foods rich in potassium
Some foods to be avoid for Vertigo Treatments
- Salty foods
- Sugary foods
- Avoid cane sugar, pies, cakes, chocolates
- Avoid nuts such as peanuts, pecans, and walnuts
- Avoid cheese
- Avoid Pumpkin seeds
- Avoid Sesame seeds
In this article you have read about 8 best home remedies to treat vertigo – causes, symptoms and diets for vertigo. All these remedies are easily available and effective to treat the vertigo symptoms. You should also follow the given diets to more protective from vertigo. Please share this important informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also know about vertigo and its natural treatment. Please share this article on face book, twitter, and whatsapp as well.