How to get rid of razor burn naturally? What are the best natural home remedies for razor burn? In this article we are listing 12 best natural home remedies for razor burn. Razor burn is commonly issue due to shaving. Use of razor blade inappropriately to shave off the hair, you can affect with the razor burn problems. Sensitive skin is on the higher risk of razor burn problems. Skin irritation can happen with shaving razor burn. Rashes can also appear on your skin due to razor burn. These rashes are called razor bumps and caused by ingrown hair. Keep reading to know more that how to deal with razor burn and razor bumps.
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Razor Burns
1) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Razor Burns
Coconut oil is one of the best natural home remedy to treat the razor burn. It will also helpful to reduce the irritation and inflammation due to razor burn. If you apply the coconut oil before shaving then it will also useful. Coconut oil contains laurel acid which is good antimicrobial agent that is helpful to make soft and smooth your skin and reduce the razor burn risk. Anti-inflammatory property of coconut oil will also be helpful to deal with razor burn and razor bumps.
- Take required amount of coconut oil
- Apply on the hair which you want to shave
- Give the gentle massage
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Then start shaving
- This process will help to lower the risk of razor burn
2) Aloe Vera for Razor Burn
Aloe Vera is very popular natural home remedy to treat the razor burn issue. You can easily find and apply this on the razor burn to find the relief from inflammation, pain and itchiness. Aloe Vera contains soothing, and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to get rid of razor burn.
- Take the aloe Vera leaf
- Cut it and extract the gel from it
- Apply this on the affected area
- Repeat 3-4 times to get fast relief from razor burn and razor bumps
3) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Razor Burn
Apple Cider Vinegar is again proven itself to treat the razor burn effectively. ACV contains acidic property that helps to reduce pain and soothes the razor burn. This is very simple and easy remedy to treat the razor burn.
- Take the apple cider vinegar
- Apply on the saved skin with help of cotton
- It will be very beneficial to get rid of razor burn
4) Cucumber for Treating Razor Burn
Cucumber contains hydrating property that helps effectively to get rid of razor burn. Cucumber helps to soothe the irritated and inflamed skin caused by razor burn. Cucumber can be easily available at your kitchen.
- Take the cucumber
- Mashed it properly
- Apply this on the affected area of skin
- Repeat if required
5) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Razor Burn
Baking soda is one of the great effective home remedy to treat the razor burn. Baking soda contains anti-allergic and anti inflammatory properties that can be helpful to treat the inflammation, irritation and pain caused by razor burn.
- Take the baking soda
- Prepare the solution with water
- Apply this solution on skin before shave
- Also dip the cotton ball in this baking soda solution and apply after shave as well
6) Tea for Treating Razor Burn
Tannin present in the tea is very effective to get rid of inflammation caused by razor burn. You can easily use this home remedy to treat the razor burn problem.
- Take the tea bag
- Soak this in water for 10 minutes
- Now squeeze this tea bag
- Apply on the affected area of skin
- It will instantly reduce the irritation and inflammation due to razor burn
7) Honey for Razor Burn
Honey is another beneficial and effective home remedy to treat the razor burn and reduce the inflammation and irritation caused by razor burn. Honey contains antibacterial property which is directly involved to deal with razor bump.
- Take the required amount of fresh honey
- Apply on the razor burn skin
- It helps to sooth and makes skin soft
- You can also apply honey after save and then wash off with cool water
8) Yogurt to Get Rid of Razor Burn
Yogurt is good natural home remedy to get rid of razor burn. Yogurt contains lactic acid that helps to soothe the affected skin and reduce the irritation and inflammation. Application of razor burn helps to reduce the redness and pain as well.
- Take the required amount of yogurt
- Apply this on the affected skin i.e. razor burn
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Wash off with cool water
9) Cold Water for Razor Burn
Cold water is easy and simple home remedy that helps to get rid of razor burn. Cold water works as cold compress while applying on the affected skin due to razor burn. It helps effectively and quickly to reduce the pain and redness as well.
- Take the cold water
- Splash on the razor burn area
- It helps to reduce the inflammation and irritation caused by razor burn
10) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Razor Burn
Olive oil is very effective natural home remedy to treat the razor burn. Olive oil contains moisturizing and soothing properties that helps to reduce the inflammation and redness of skin. You need to mix this with coconut oil and apply on the affected skin
- Take the 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix these two properly
- Apply on the razor burn
11) Comfrey to Get Rid of Razor Burn
Comfrey salve can also be helpful to get rid of razor burn. This is very beneficial for razor burn of sensitive skin. You can easily prepare the salve at home as per the given method below and use this as a great remedy for razor burn.
Take one-third cup dried comfrey leaves, 1 tablespoons coconut oil, 55 grams of softened beeswax, 2 cups water and 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Boil the water for 10 minutes
- Add the comfrey leaves in this
- Steep these herbs for 2 hours
- Now strain this liquid
- Mix coconut oil and beeswax till beeswax melt
- Then add lavender essential oil
- Store this mixture in a cool place
- Apply this home remedy on the razor burn
- You can also use this home remedy for minor cuts and wounds
12) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Razor Burn
Almond oil is very effective and proven natural home remedy for razor burn. This is also beneficial to treat various skin related problems. You can use this oil as describe below and protect your skin from razor burn.
- Take 1 tablespoon almond oil, one fourth cup aloe Vera gel, 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, 1 fourth cup distilled warm water and 1 fourth cup liquid castile soap
- Mix all these ingredients properly
- Keep this mixture in bottle
- Apply when required on your razor burn
In this post you have read about 12 best natural home remedies for razor burn. All these remedies are easily available and without any side effects. Use these yourself and also share with your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these effective remedies and treat their razor burn.