What is hives? How to treat hives? What are the best home remedies to treat hives? In this article we are listing 10 best natural home remedies for hives – Causes and symptoms of hives. Hives are outcome of allergic reaction. Sometimes hive can be unbearable and you cannot avoid. Red bumps can be generated due to hives on your skin.
Hives are also known as as urticaria. Blood vessels leak fluid into the layers of the skin due to histamine release by body’s cell. Because of this you feel the discomfort and itching can be occure. On the skin itching and rashes can generated. Now you do not need to worry, keep reading below to know more about top effective and easy home remedies for hives.
Causes of Hives:
- Insect bites
- Certain medicines allergy
- Shellfish, nuts, eggs, milk
- High temperatures
- Excess Stress
- Bacterial Infections
- Viral Infection
- Fungal Infection
- Excess sweating
Common Symptoms of Hives
- Itching on skin
- Red skin color
- Best Home Remedies to Treat Hives
1) Coconut Oil for Hives
Coconut oil is one of the best natural home remedies to treat the hives effectively. Coconut oil contains antimicrobial properties which protects you from bacterial and fungal infections. Coconut oil provides the moisture and nourishment to your skin naturally.
- Take Organic virgin coconut oil
- Massage gently with coconut oil on your affected area
- Leave it on to be absorb
- Repeat this process twice in a day
2) Oatmeal Bath for Hives
Bathing is the very good effective and easiest solution to treat the hives. Water coolness helps soothing your skin. The coolness of the water soothes your skin. Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory property which helps to get rid of hives.
- Take oatmeal ground (2 cups) and Cold water
- Mix oatmeal with bath tub filled water
- Soak in this water for 15 minutes
- Repeat this daily fast fast relief
3) Baking Soda to Get Rid Of Hives
Baking soda is effective natural home remedy to get rid of hives. Baking soda contains alkaline nature which helps to soothe the skin and reduces itching and irritation of skin.
- Take Baking soda and Water
- Mix baking soda with water and prepare the paste
- Apply this paste on the affected area of skin
- Leave it on to be dry
- Rinse off with cool water
- Repeat this process twice in a day
4) Aloe Vera Gel for Hives
Aloe Vera is one of the most popular natural home remedy to treat the hives. Aloe Vera contains glucomannans helps accelerating the healing process. Aloe Vera gel contains moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties which are very helpful to treat the hives effectively.
- Take aloe Vera leaf
- Cut it and extract the gel
- Apply the fresh gel on the affected area
- Leave it on for half an hour
- Wash off with cool water
- Repeat this process twice in a day for best result
5) Turmeric for Treating Hives
Turmeric is well known natural antiseptic ayurvedic ingredient. Turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antihistamine properties. All these properties of turmeric can effectively get rid of hives.
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and a glass of water
- Mix these properly
- Consume this turmeric milk daily
- Alternatively prepare the turmeric paste and apply on the affected area of skin
- Repeat this twice in a day
6) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid Of Hives Naturally
Tea tree oil is another effective natural home remedy to get rid of hives. Tea tree oil contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which are effective to reduce the swelling, prevent infections, and also soothe the skin as well.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil and bandage
- Gently apply tea tree oil on affected area of skin
- Cover this are with the bandage
- Leave it on for 1 hour
- Repeat 3 times in a day
7) Green Tea to Get Rid of Hives Naturally
Green tea is very popular remedy for weight loss but it can also be very effective to get rid of hives. Green tea contains polyphones that help to reduce inflammation and rashes caused by hives. Antioxidant and antihistamine properties of green tea will be helpful to treat the hives completely.
- Take Green tea bags, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 cup hot water
- Steep the green tea bag in hot water for 4-5 minutes
- Then mix honey in this solution
- Drink this natural green tea remedy
- Repeat twice in a day
8) Calamine Lotions for Hives Treatment
Calamine lotion is another option you can use as home remedy to get rid of hives. Calamine lotion contains astringent and skin protestant properties which help to shrink the blood vessels. Anti-inflammatory property of calamine lotion helps reducing inflammation and itching caused by hives.
- Take Calamine lotion and Cotton ball
- Dip the cotton ball in the calamine lotion
- Apply this on the affected area of skin
- Repeat thrice in a day
9) Fish Oil for Hives
Fish oil is also good home remedy to get rid of hives. Fish oil contains essential fatty acid which has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the inflammation and itching of hives area. You can include the salmon fish in your diet also.
- Take Fish oil capsules
- Consume two capsules in a day, one in morning and one in evening
- Repeat this daily
10) Ginger for Hives Treatment Naturally
Ginger is very week known natural home remedies for hives. Ginger is beneficial to treat the various health and skin related issue. Ginger is a natural blood purifier which helps to get rid of itching. Anti-inflammatory property of ginger helps to reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by hives.
- Take 1 teaspoon ginger juice and 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix both properly
- Consume this thrice in a day
We hope you have read all about 10 best natural home remedies for hives – Causes and symptoms of hives. All these remedies are easily available and very effective to get rid of hives. Please share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these ayurvedice remedies for hives. Also kindly share on facebook, twitter and whatsapp. Please leave your valuable comments in the comment section.