How to increase breast milk production? Breast milk most important for new born baby. We are listing 20 best home remedies to increase breast milk production and prevention tips. We should do the extra care for new born baby. Newborn baby only consume the breast feed for the few months. This is very important for their growth and development. If your breast feed is not sufficient for your baby then no need to worry, just keep reading this article and know all about how to increase the breast milk naturally.
Common Causes of Low Breast Milk Products
- Started late breastfeeding
- Certain medications
- Any breast surgery
- Premature birth
- High blood pressure
- Maternal obesity
Why is the Breastfeeding Important?
- Breast milk helps boosting the immune system of newborn baby
- Breast milk helps reducing risk of contracting diseases of baby
- Reduces risk of breast cancer of mother
- Protect the heart disease, and osteoporosis
- Helps to speed up the post-partum recovery
- Reduce weight by breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding helps to reduce the risk of sudden death syndrome of infant
- Reduce the formation of cavities
- Breast feeding helps to promote the sleep of infant
Best Foods to Increase Breast Milk
1) Fenugreek Seeds for Increasing Breast Milk
Fenugreek seeds are one of the best home remedy that helps to increase breast milk production. Fenugreek seeds are rich in estrogen and exhibit galactagogue properties that are consider as good food to boost the breast milk supply.
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, honey
- Boil fenugreek seeds with 1 cup water for 5 minutes
- Strain and mix honey in this
- Drink this fenugreek tea
- Repeat thrice in a day for increasing breast milk supply
2) Barley or Jau for Increasing Breast Milk
Barley is another effective food to increase the breast milk supply. Barley is rich in fiber that helps to keep mother hydrated and provide energy to her.
- Take barley
- Now boil this with water for 10 minutes
- Start drinking this tea
- Repeat twice in a day to increase the breast milk production
3) Torbangun for Increasing Breast Milk
Torbangun is very much helpful to increase the breast production. This herb has effective and well known for good supply of breast milk.
- Take Torbangun leaves
- Prepare the tea with these leaves
- Consume this tea twice in a day
4) Cow’s Milk for Increasing Breast Milk
Cow milk can also helpful to increase breast milk. Milk contains good amount of calcium and calcium is the helpful for boost breast milk supply. You can also consume the other dailry products such as paneer and cheese which are also beneficial for increasing breast milk production.
5) Drumsticks for Increasing Breast Milk
Drumsticks are another good home remedy to increase the breast milk. Drumsticks contains many natural nutrients that help to stimulate mammary glands for boosting breast milk. Drumstick juice consumption helps to improves blood circulation that in turn increases breast milk production.
- Take half cup drumstick juice
- Drink half cup of this juice once daily
6) Fennel Seeds for Increasing Breast Milk Supply
Fennel seeds are the also helpful herb to increase the breast milk production. Fennel seeds exhibit estrogenic action and a useful hormone which helps producing good amount of breast milk.
- Take 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, Honey and 1 cup of hot water
- Steep the fennel seeds with water for 15 minutes
- Keep aside too little cool
- Then mix the honey in this solution
- Drink this effective tea
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day
7) Carrots for Increasing Breast Milk
Carrots is also called Gajar in hindi which is the easily available and effective home remedy to increase the breast milk production. Carrot contains alpha and beta-carotene as well as vitamins which are beneficial to increase the breast milk.
- Take the carrots
- Extract the juice
- Start drinking 2-3 glass of juice daily
8) Milk Thistle for Increasing Breast Milk
Milk thistle is a well known flowering plant that is very effective to increase the breast milk production. You can find out the milk thistle supplement from the market.
- Take Milk thistle supplements
- Consume 2 capsules in a day
9) Goat’s Rue for Increasing Breast Milk
Goat’s rue is very good remedy to be used for increasing breast milk production. It helps to stimulate the mammary tissues and lactogenic which boost the breast milk supply.
- Take Goat’s rue supplements
- Consume 1-2 capsule daily to increase breast milk
10) Garlic for Increasing Breast Milk
Garlic is one of the mostly used home remedy to be used for increasing breast milk production. Garlic contains lactogenic properties which is helpful to increase breast milk supply.
- Take garlic cloves
- Peeled these cloves
- Prepare the paste with this and use in your dishes
- Alternatively you can chew the garlic cloves
11) Yogurt for Increasing Breast Milk
Yogurt which is easily available in your kitchen and effective for improving breast milk production. Yogurt is very good source of probiotics which has several proteins, calcium and vitamins. All these are very helpful to increase the breast milk production.
Take the fresh yogurt
Consume this daily in your diet
Repeat this 2-3 times in a day
It also helps to boost your immune system
12) Herbal Tea for Increasing Breast Milk
Herbal tea is another effective natural solution for increasing breast milk supply. Anise and caraway herbs contains estrogenic properties which work as galactagogue. By helping to clear the clogged milk ducts it increase the breast milk production.
- Prepare anise tea or caraway tea
- Drinking this thrice in a day
13) Bottle gourd for Increasing Breast Milk
Bottle gourd contains effective nutritious and breast milk inducer properties. You can prepare this vegetable at home and consume in your daily diet. It has very high water content which helps to keep your body hydrated.
- Take the bottle gourd, lemon
- Extract the juice
- Mix the lemon juice in this for taste
- Drink this juice twice in a day
- You can make other dished with bottle gourd and consume
14) Salmon for Increasing Breast Milk
Salmon is also good remedy to help increasing breast milk production. Salmon contains omega-3 and other fatty acids which are helpful to increase breast milk supply. DHA also present in this which is also beneficial to improve your breast fast.
- Take cooked salmon
- Consume 2-3 times in a day
15) Oats for Increasing Breast Milk
Oats are very popular and used for increasing breast milk production. Oats contains fiber and iron that helps reducing cholesterol and increase breast milk supply. You can easily consume this helpful remedy for boosting breast milk production.
- Take bowl of cooked oats
- Consume this with milk
- Repeat twice in a day
16) Whole Grains for Increasing Breast Milk
Whole Grains are another good and effective option to increase breast milk production. Whole Grains contains many beneficial nutrients and vitamins which is useful for the infants.
- Take Whole grains such as corn, quinoa, and wheat
- Consume these with your diet
- Repeat regularly once in a day
17) Almond Milk for Increasing Breast Milk
Almond milk contains omega-3 fatty acids which is helps to increase breast milk production. Regular consumption of almond milk is beneficial to increase the breast milk and its quality as well.
- Take Almond milk
- Drink 2 cups daily on regular basis
18) Carom Seeds for Increasing Breast Milk
Carom seeds are one of the best remedies for increasing breast milk production. This excellent remedy is beneficial for mother to be boost breast milk fast.
- Take 2 teaspoons of carom seeds
- Soak these in 1 cup water for overnight
- Strain it in morning
- Consume this soaked carom seeds
- Repeat this remedy once daily for increasing breast milk production
19) Spinach for Increasing Breast Milk
Spinach is very effective green leafy vegetable with rich in several nutrients, vitamins, minerals, calcium etc. All these beneficial properties help to increase the breast milk production.
- Take spinach
- You can consume it after cooking as vegetable or eat as a salad.
- Include this in your regular diet for best result
20) Shatavari for Increasing Breast Milk
Shatavari is another popular remedy which helps to increase the breast milk production. Consumption of this remedy is beneficial to improve the quality and quantity of breast milk both. Shatavari can be helpful to boost the breastfeeding hormone which is beneficial for mother and baby both. You can also take the shatavari supplement for this purpose.
Till now you have gone through with the best ways for increasing breast milk production. Along all these you should care about some prevention tips given below.
Some Preventive Tips
- Observe newborn baby for hunger sign
- Allow to sleep your baby near you
- Avoid using pacifiers
- Consume healthy diet
- Drink plenty of liquid
- Take proper rest
- Massaging your breasts which helps increasing breast milk supply
- Wear loose clothing
In this post you have read about 20 best home remedies to increase breast milk production and prevention tips. All these remedies are easily available and very effective. Please use these and also share this post to your friends so that they can also apply these beneficial remedy to increase breast milk supply.