What are the benefits of honey? How does honey beneficial for skin? In this article we are listing 12 amazing ways to use honey for glowing skin. Honey is easily available and effective natural home remedy to treat the various skin related problems and dry skin also. Honey has the hydrating property that helps to remove the dryness of skin. Keep reading to know more about honey benefits for skin.
Why Should We Use Honey?
1-Honey Is Great Humectants
Humectants are basically substances that are helpful in preserving the natural moisture of skin. Dry skin occur due to lacks of moisture, and here honey will help you to seals the moisture in skin and provide you the soft and shiny skin.
2-Honey Prevents Skin Problems
Honey is beneficial for treating some skin related problems such as eczema and psoriasis. You can use honey for minor burns, cuts and wounds etc.
3- Honey Use as an Antibacterial Agent
Honey is good natural antibacterial agent that helps to treat the bacterial problems. It is beneficial to protect skin from infections and wounds.
4- Honey is Beneficial for Wrinkles
Wrinkles are very common skin problem and due to this people look as older that his age. Honey is very effective ingredient that can be helpful to clear the wrinkles and provide you the tighten and youthful skin.
Best Ways to Use Honey for Skin
1) Manuka Honey Face Cream Face Moisturizer
You can use honey as your daily face cream that helps to provide your skin moisturizing. Follow the steps below and prepare the face cream at home and get the moisturizing, soft and supple skin.
- Take half cup melt shea butter, 2 tablespoon aloe Vera gel, few drops tea tree oil and 1 table spoon manuka honey
- Mix all these properly and keep in refrigerator to be cool
- Apply this cream as required as your day and night face cream
2) Honey and Lavender Cream for Your Skin
Combination of honey and lavender is very effective for your skin. Honey contains several natural properties and lavender also has the riched properties that are helpful for skin. Prepare the cream with honey and lavender and apply on skin.
- Take half cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon argon oil 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, few drops lavender oil
- Mix all these properly
- Keep this mixture in microwave for half a minute
- Keep aside to be cool
- Use this as your night cream
3) Honey and Essential Oil Body Butter
Now we will see the combination of honey and essential oil that is helpful for rejuvenate your skin and provide soft, supple skin.
- Take 1 cup coconut oil, 3 tablespoons raw honey and 2 tablespoons citrus essential oil
- First melt the coconut oil and mix the honey and essential oil in this
- Mix all these properly and use as body butter
4) Honey and Shea Butter Body Butter
Good and beneficial body butter for your skin is the combination of honey and shea butter. These two are riched in the several natural properties that can be helpful to keep your skin young and brighten.
- Take 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoons raw honey, 1 tablespoon shea butter and 1 tablespoon almond oil
- Take all the ingredients in a double boiler and toss
- Wait till these melt completely
- Keep aside to be cool them and make it in solid form
- Then whip it for 5 minutes to get a fluffy texture
- Now you can use this as a body butter
5) Honey and Chamomile Face Toner
Honey is good natural skin toner. When you mix honey with chamomile then it turns into very effective skin toner. Prepare and use this as described below and get clear, soft and tighten face skin.
- Take 1 cup distilled water, 1 tablespoon chamomile flower, 1 teaspoon raw honey and 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- First boil the chamomile flowers in the water
- Steep it for 15 minutes
- Strain this tea and mix honey and apple cider vinegar in this
- Wash your face and apply this mixture on your face as skin toner
6) Honey and Lavender Facial Toner
Another combination of honey and lavender can form the good skin toner. Both ingredients are very effective and beneficial for your skin.
- Take half cup water, half tablespoon raw honey, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and few drops lavender essential oil
- Mix honey in the warm water
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix in this properly
- Mix the essential oil and store in spray bottle
- Now your facial toner is ready to be use
7) Honey and Lemon Detoxifying Scrub
You can also prepare the scrub at home with the honey and lemon. This homemade scrub will be very effective and beneficial for your skin.
- Take 1 cup organic sugar, 2 tablespoons raw honey and half cup olive oil, few drops lemon essential oil
- Mix all these ingredients properly
- You need to add the essential oil at last
- Store in bottle and use as a detoxifying scrub
8) Honey and Oatmeal Scrub
One more scrub can be prepared at home with honey and oatmeal. Read below given ingredients and method and make the homemade scrub.
- Take half cup oats, 1 cup sugar, half cup coconut oil anyone fourth cup honey, few drops tea tree oil and lavender oil
- Mix the sugar and honey with grinded sugar
- Now add coconut oil and essential oils in this
- Mix properly and store
- Apply this twice in a week
9) Honey and Aloe Vera Face Mask
One more face mask that you can prepare with honey and aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is well known natural home remedy for skin care. So start reading below and make the homemade face mask with honey and aloe Vera
- Take 2 teaspoons raw honey, 1 teaspoon fresh aloe Vera gel
- Mix these two properly and prepare the mask
- Gently apply on your face and neck
- Leave it on for half an hour
- Wash off with cool water
10) Honey, Turmeric, and Glycerin Face Pack
Now we will see about the face pack which is the very good for your skin and face. This face pack is very beneficial for your skin that provides the soft and youthful look.
- Take 1 tablespoon organic honey, half teaspoon turmeric powder and half teaspoon glycerin
- Mix all these ingredients and prepare the paste
- Gently apply this pack on your face
- Leave it to be dry
- Then wash off with cool water
11) Honey and Banana Face Pack
One more effective natural face pack is one and banana face pack. These two are easily available and you can prepare the face pack at home easily. You just need to read below and follow the steps.
- Take 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- Mix these two properly
- Apply this pack on your face
- Leave it to be dry
- Wash off with cool water
12) Honey and Blueberry Exotic Face Scrub
Honey and blueberry exotic face scrub is also easily prepare at home and very beneficial for your skin. Follow the steps below and make the great face scrub.
- Take half cup fresh blueberries, 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- First you need to blend the blueberries
- Mix all the ingredients properly
- You face scrub is ready to use
- Apply on your face and leave it for 15 minutes
- Give the gentle massage in circular motion
- Wash with cool water
In this article you have read about 12 best ways to use honey for glowing skin. All these are very effective and provide you the soft and supple skin quickly. Please use yourself and also share with your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of this informative article.