What is onion? What are the benefits of onion? We are listing 26 amazing benefits of onion (pyaz) for skin, hair and health . There are a lot of wonderful benefits of onions. We mostly use the onions in our kitchen for making vegetable. Pyaz is the most common word of onion in Hindi. Onions are very popular around the world. It has strong taste and a sharp, pungent flavor. Keep reading to know more benefits of onions.
Onion contains two photochemical compounds Alliums and ally disulphide. These two components have the many medicinal properties to treat the several health problems such as reduces the risk of cancer, reduces inflammation and control the infections.
Skin Benefits of Onions
1) Onion for Removing Moles
Onion juice is very helpful to get rid of moles. Onion contains acidity and chemicals helps to deal with the moles effectively.
- Take the onion juice and cotton ball
- Dip the cotton in this juice
- Apply this on the mole
- Leave it to be absorb
- Repeat this once daily
2) Onion Mask for Skin Glow
Onions contain vitamins A, C, and E they are benefits for your skin health. All these vitamins are helpful to protecting your skin from premature aging effect. Onion is also strong antiseptic which is beneficial to kill the harmful bacteria for skin. You can prepare the onion mask at home and use for getting glowing skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1 tablespoons of onion juice, half teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of nutmeg
- Properly mix all these ingredients
- Prepare the thick paste
- Apply this face mask on your cleanses face
- Leave it on for half an hour to be dry
- Rinse off with normal water
- Repeat this thrice in a week to get glowing skin
3) Onion for Reducing Aging Effects
Onions contains anti-aging property that is helpful to control the aging effect and sign. Vitamin A, C and E present in the onion are beneficial to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. The UV rays are responsible for premature ageing.
- Take the onions
- Extract the juice
- Give the gentle massage with onion juice on your skin
- Repeat once daily to stop the aging sign and symptoms
4) Onion for Removing Dark Spots and Skin Pigmentation
Onion juice is great natural remedy to remove the dark spots and pigmentation. Phytonutrients and antioxidants properties present in onion help to nourish your skin and remove the impurities of skin. You can prepare the homemade DIY onion face mask for treating pigmentation and removing dark spots.
- Take the onion juice and yogurt
- Mix both in equal amount and prepare the paste
- Apply on face and gently massage your face
- Do it in circular motion for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process once daily
5) Onions to Treat Stings and Bug Bites
Onions are the excellent remedy to treat the stings and bug bites. Onion contains anti-inflammatory property that provides the relief from pain and inflammation from string and bug bites.
- Take the onion
- Make thin slices
- Place onion slice on the affected area of skin
- It will give you the instant relief from swelling, itching and pain caused by string and bug bites
Hair Benefits of Onion
6) Onion for Treating Dandruff Problem
Are you searching for natural home remedy for dandruff? Onion juice can be the great ingredient to treat the dandruff problem. It helps to kill the bacteria which are the responsible for dandruff. You can make the homemade DIY onion hair pack for removing dandruff.
- Take onion juice and 3 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water for overnight
- Grind them in the morning to prepare the paste
- Mix onion juice with this paste
- Apply this pack on your scalp
- Leave it on for half an hour
- Then wash off with normal water
- Repeat this thrice in a week
7) Onion for Controlling Gray Hair
Onion is also effective home remedy to stop the Gary hair. You can prepare the homemade hair pack to control the gray hair issue.
- Take 4 onions
- Boil these with water for 15 minutes
- Now strain this mixture
- Keep aside to be cool
- Apply this water on your scalp with your shampoo
- Repeat this 3-4 times in a day
8) Onion for Maintaining Hair Color
Onion has one more benefit for your habit i.e. it can be maintain your hair color. Onion juice is helpful to make your hair glossy. You just need to prepare the homemade DIY mixture as given below steps to get the natural color of hair.
- Take onions and mustard oil
- Blend these onions and mix the little mustard oil
- Apply this mixture on your hair
- Repeat this thrice in a week
9) Onion for Eliminating Head Lice
Head lice are the common problem. Onion is the good natural home remedy to clear the head lice. Onion contains sulfur helps to get rid of head lice. You can easily prepare the homemade DIY remedy with onion and other ingredient to clear the head lice.
- Take 4 onions
- Grind these and prepare the paste
- Extract the juice from onion paste and keep separately
- Give gentle massage your head with this juice
- Leave it on for 2 hours
- Rinse off with normal water and mild shampoo
- Repeat this daily for 4-5 days to get rid of head lice
Health Benefits of Onions
10) Onions for Reducing Cancer Risk
Red onions are the effective home remedy that helps to treat the breast and colon cancer. Red onions contain quercetin and anthocyanin that are beneficial to kill the cancer cells. Consumption of onions fights and reduces the risk of cancer.
11) Onions for Heart Health
Red onions are useful and beneficial for heart health. Onions contains organ sulfurs, which is helpful to prevent heart disease. Consumption of onions reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Thiosulfinates present in onions helps in blood thinning and reduce the risk of heart attack.
12) Onions for Lower Blood Sugar
Onion extract can be helpful to lower your blood sugar levels. Sulfur compounds and quercetin present in onions can be beneficial for maintain the blood sugar level.
13) Onions for Promoting Healthy Digestion
Bad digestive system is the main reason of various health problems. Onion contains insulin which is a fiber, helps your body to maintain good levels of the healthy bacteria. Anti-bacterial property of onion can be helpful to improve the digestive system. Consumption of onion is beneficial to reduce the constipation problem a well.
14) Onion for Bone Health
Onions can also helpful for your bone health. White onions consumption is beneficial for reducing bone loss. Quercetin present in onions can be inhibiting the leukotrienes, prostaglandins, and histamines activity. Onions are helpful to treat the arthritis pain as well.
15) Onions for Preventing Inflammation and Allergies
Another benefit of onion is to reduce the inflammation. Onion contains quercetin that helps preventing the inflammation and treats the other allergies. Sinuses problem can also be treated by onion. Onion consumption helps to provide relief from congestion and mucus as well. Antibacterial property of onion helps to control the bacterial attack and prevent you from bacterial infections as well.
16) Onion for Strong Immune System
Onions are also beneficial to improve your immune system. Onion contains selenium which is beneficial for improving immune function. Weak immune system can be the reason of several health problems. Anti-inflammatory property of onion helps to reduce the inflammation. Cold and flu can also be treated with onion.
17) Onions for Ear Disorders
Onions are widely used as home remedy for curing ear ailments. Onion juice drop can be beneficial to provide relief from earache. You just extract the onion juice and pour few drops into the infected ear to get relief from pain.
18) Onions for Promoting Respiratory Health
Consumption of Onions can also be beneficial for respiratory problem such as asthma and allergic rhinitis. Onion contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to soothe respiratory ailments. You should include onions in your daily diet to grab the benefits of this amazing natural home remedy.
19) Onions for Good Sleep
Onions has prebiotics which is beneficial to reduce stress and give you the good sleep. Fiber and good bacteria present in the onion help your gut health. Consumption of onion in the regular diet helps to improve brain health and improve sleep.
20) Onions for Eye Health
Another beneficial use of onions is to improve your eye health. Onion contains sulfur helps to improve the health of the eye lenses. Glutathione present in onion can helps to reduced risk of glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts.
21) Onion for Oral Health
Onions are very effective home remedy for improving oral health. Onion contains thiosulfinates and thiosulfonates that are helpful to reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay. Onion contains vitamin C which is helpful to keep your teeth healthy.
22) Onions for Cholera Treatment
Onions is beneficial for cholera treatment as well. Anti-bacterial property of onion helps to aids cholera. Start consuming the onion with your daily diet. You can eat the onion salad or in vegetable.
23) Onion for Preventing Blood Clots
One of the most important benefits of onion is to prevent the blood clots. Onions contains ruin that helps to prevent blood from clotting. Consume onion in your daily diet.
24) Onion for Fever
Onion can also be beneficial to treat the fever effectively. Onion is helpful to treat the nose bleeding, and blood clot etc as well.
25) Onion for Boost Energy
Onion is a good effective natural energy booster. Onion contains fiber which helps to improve the energy. It has insulin which can also be effective to boost your stamina. So you should include the onion in your daily diet.
26) Onion for Brain Health
Onion is very effective for improving brain health. It helps to flush out the harmful toxins present in the body. Onion contains sulfur compounds is beneficial to slow down age-related memory loss. Consumption of memory is useful to enhance the memory.
In this post you have read about 26 amazing benefits of onion for skin, hair and health. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also know about these benefits of onions.