Mononucleosis, is also known as the kissing disease. Glandular fever, is an infectious disease which occur due to the Epstein-Barr virus. Epstein Virus present in the saliva and mucus, the virus is generally spread by kissing, sneezing and coughing. Mostly young and adult person are affected with this disease. This can also produce the complications such as spleen enlargement , liver problem, hepatitis and jaundice, anemia.
Signs and Symptoms of Mononucleosis:
- Sore Throat
- Swollen Lymph Nodes
- Swollen Tonsils
- Skin Rash
Here are most effective natural home remedies for Mononucleosis.
Home Remedies to Treat Mononucleosis
Coconut oil is one of the most effective home remedies for Mononucleosis. Coconut Oil has fatty acids which make it a effective antiviral agent. Coconut oil effective for mono and influenza.
- Take a routine dose of coconut oil orally.
- You can take 1 – 2 tablespoons in a day till the infection reduce.
- You can take this oil in your cooking to reduce the infection.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the most effective natural home remedies for mononucleosis. Apple cider vinegar has antiviral properties which helps to kill the virus caused for this infection.
Apple cider vinegar is also rich in vitamins and mineral which helps to improve the immune system.
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water.
- Mix 1 tea spoon of honey and stir it.
- Drink this mixture twice in a day.
- This will help to reduce the infection.
Salt Water Gargle
Most common symptoms of mono is sore throat. Gargle with salt water is the effective remedy for this.
- Take half spoon of salt and one cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix it well to dissolve the salt.
- Start Gargling with this solution.
- Repeat this method to relieve from sore throat.
Water and other healthy fluids are very useful remedy for mononucleosis . You should drink the plenty of water and other healthy fluids. When you have a fever fluids help to bring down a fever, reduce a sore throat and prevent from dehydration. Water can be helpful to flush toxins out of the body.
- Drinking plenty of water regularly is very effective.
- Drink warm water to relieve a sore throat.
- Vegetable juice, fruit juice will also help keep body hydrated.
Vitamin C is an important component to treat the mononucleosis. Vitamin C supports the immune system and helps to reduce the infection caused for mononucleosis.
- You can take vitamin C in rich food like bell peppers, kale, broccoli, strawberries, lemons, grapefruits, kiwis, pineapples, blackberries, tomatoes, spinach, Swiss chard and oranges.
- Vitamin C supplement, after consulting your doctor.
Garlic is also very effective natural home remedies. Garlic contains allicin, that has antiviral properties. Allicin helps to kill the virus caused for the kissing disease. Garlic has vitamin C, which reduce the infection.
- Tale the cloves of garlic.
- Eat this with empty stomach daily.
- You can take the crushed garlic to your food.
- You can also take the garlic supplements with suggestion of your doctor.