Runny nose is a very common issue in children. Runny nose happens due to the nasal cavity filled with mucus fluid.
There are many reason for runny nose in children. One of the main reason is cold. Runny nose can also occur because of crying the children. Due to runny nose many other issues can further generated like fever, cough, sore throat, sneezing, upset stomach, and sleep disturbance.
Runny nose in children is not a serious problem. So parents need to just have patience. Runny nose can be treated without treatment. Here are some natural home remedies listed which will reduce the discomfort and fast recovery due to runny nose.
Home Remedies for Your Child’s Runny Nose
Steam is very important remedy to get rid of runny nose. Steam inhalation helps to reduce the discomfort of a runny nose. Steam can clears the mucus that causes the dripping and sneezing.
- Just on the hot shower in the bathroom and close the door for few minutes until the steam has been filled.
- Now sit in the bathroom with your child for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this method for 2-3 times in a day.
- This method will get the instant relief from the cold and runny nose as well.
Honey is also a effective remedy for a runny nose in a child. You should not use the honey for very small kids as it can cause a bacteria. Honey has antibacterial and antiviral properties which help to reduce the various symptoms of a runny nose.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of honey and a glass of warm water.
- Mix this well.
- Give this to affected child to drink.
- Repeat this 2 times in a day.
- You can also give the mixture of honey, lemon and warm water to the affected child with the runny nose.
Chamomile is a effective herb which can provide the instant relief from the runny nose. Chamomile herb is also known as immune booster. It has antihistamine properties which can reduces sneezing due to its excellent.
- Take 1 teaspoon of chamomile flowers.
- Mix this in 2 cups of hot water.
- Let it to be cold for 5 minutes.
- Now take 1 teaspoon of honey and mix in this.
- You need to give this mixture to your child at least two times in a day.
Basil is another well known herbal remedy for a runny nose. Basil contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. These important properties help to fight the reason of the runny nose.
- Give three four basil leaves to eat to affected child.
- Repeat this 5-6 times in a day.
- You can also take the juice of basil leaves and mix a little ginger juice in it.
- Give this mixture to your child two times in a day.
Eucalyptus is also a very good natural home remedy for runny nose. This will help to reduce the amount of mucus.
- Take 4 or 5 drops of eucalyptus oil in warm bath water.
- Then leave the child in the bath tub for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times in a day.
- This will helps to provide the relief from cold and runny nose.