Chikungunya is an infection caused by the chikungunya virus. The Chikungunya virus is spread by two types of mosquitoes: Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti. These mosquitoes mainly bite during the day. The virus may circulate within animals like birds and rodents. The Chikungunya symptoms appear after one weeks of bitten the mosquitoes.
- Joint Pain
- Joint Swelling
- Muscle Pain
- Skin Rashes
The person suffer with Chikungunya experience extreme joint pain, it can be go for long. There is no cure for Chikungunya. Here we are giving some natural home remedies which can be effective to manage the chikungunya symptoms and pain.
Garlic is one of the most effective natural home remedy for chikungunya. Garlic contains anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants property. These properties help strengthen the immune system to cure from the virus. Garlic is very useful to reduce the joint pain because of sulfur and selenium content.
- Take the garlic oil and massage the painful joint.
- Take minced garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Boil garlic cloves in sesame oil until the garlic cloves turn black.
- Take off from the heat and let it be the oil cool.
- Gently massage the affected area with this oil.
- Leave it for two hours.
- Rinse off after 2 hours.
- Repeat this twice in a day.
- You can take the garlic in your daily diet.
Cold compress is one of the effective remedy which helps in Chikungunya. Specially for pain. Cold compress is helpful to reduce the joint swelling and joint pain.
- Take an ice cubes and crush them.
- Wrap the ice cube up in a cloth.
- Apply this ice cube on the joint pain area.
- Apply this for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the cold compress thrice in a day.
Epsom Salt Soak
Epsom salt soak is helpful to reduce the pain of Chikungunya. It can also helpful for swelling and inflammation. It also promotes the relaxation and comfort level of body.
- Take the one cup Epsom salt and one cup of baking soda,
- Mix these into a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.
- Use this soothing water on body for ten minutes.
- Repeat the bath of this daily.
- You can also take the warm water and mix the one tablespoon of Epsom salt.
- Apply this solution on the affected area for few minutes.
- Repeat this thrice in a day.
Turmeric is well known home remedy for chikungunya symptoms. Turmeric contains curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Turmeric helps to get rid of pain due to Chikungunya.
- Take half teaspoon of turmeric and a glass of hot milk.
- Mix this well.
- Drink this turmeric juice twice in a day.
- Alternatively you can take curcumin supplements but please consult the doctor first before taking curcumin supplement.
Ginger is effective natural remedy for several health issues. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties which can help to reduce the pain and inflammation of chikungunya.
- You have to take the ginger tea.
- Take this thrice in a day.
- Boil half cup of water with 6 ginger slices.
- Let it be simmering for few minutes.
- Drink the ginger tea.
- Alternatively massage the joint pain area with ginger oil twice in a day.
- These method help to relieve from chikungunya symptom.
Hope these given natural home remedies help to deal with the chikungunya symptoms, specially the joint pain and inflammation.