How to treat common cold naturally? What are the best home remedies to treat common cold? We are listing 17 best effective home remedies for common cold – causes and symptoms of cold. Common cold problem is very common in the winter season. Due to common cold people feel discomfort. There are many symptoms and causes of common cold. The best way to treat the common cold easily and naturally is the use of home remedies. These home remedies are without any side effects. Keep reading to know more about common cold treatment.
Sign and Symptoms of Common Cold
- Muscle Pain
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Scratchy throat
- Poor Appetite
- Sore Throat
- Watery Eyes
Main Causes of Common Cold
- Weak immune system
- Drink chilled water
- Walk in cool atm
Top Home Remedies for Common Cold
1) Epsom Salt Bath for Common Cold Treatment
Epsom salt is one of the best natural home remedy that helps to treat the common cold. Epsom salt is beneficial to clear the nasal passage and provide relief from muscle fatigue. Taking Epsom salt bath is helpful to treat the common cold problem.
- Take 1 cup Epsom salt
- Add this in 1 warm water bath tub
- Mix Epsom salt properly
- Now soak in this tub for half an hour
- Repeat this once daily to get fast relief from common cold
2) Garlic for Common Cold Treatment
Garlic is very effective natural home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Garlic is easily available at your home. Garlic contains antiviral and antimicrobial properties that help to kill the virus which are responsible for cold.
- Take garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon honey
- Now crush garlic cloves
- Mix this with honey
- Consume twice in a day for 3-4 days to get relive from cold instantly
3) Green Tea for Common Cold Treatment
Green tea is very popular natural ingredient for weight loss. Green tea is also beneficial for treating common cold symptoms. Drinking the green tea is helpful to loosen sinus secretions which help to get quick relief from cold symptoms. Green tea contains antioxidants property which helps to provide quick relief from common cold.
- Take 1 green tea bag, lemon juice, honey and 1 cup hot water
- Steep green tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes
- Mix honey and lemon juice in this for better taste
- Drink this effective tea
- Repeat twice in a day
4) Cranberry Juices for Common Cold Treatment
Cranberry juice is also best fruit juice which helps to treat the common cold symptoms. Cranberry juice contains essential nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants properties which help to make immune system strong and treat the various infections causes’ cold and cough. When you feel the common cold symptoms than start drinking the cranberry juice.
- Take the cranberries
- Extract the fresh juice at home
- Drink this 1 glass of cranberry juice
- Repeat this twice in a day
5) Kadha Recipe for Common Cold Treatment
Kadha is basically popular in india. This is the mostly used herbal drink for treating the cold and cough symptoms. Antiviral and anti microbial properties of kasha helps to get rid of cold and cough symptoms.
- Take 2 cups water, 2 black peppermint, 1 teaspoon honey, few holy basil leaves, 4 cloves and 1 small piece ginger
- Crush the ginger piece, peppercorns, basil leaves, and cloves together properly
- Mix these in the water and boil till it remains half in quantity
- Strain this solution and mix honey in this
- Drink slowly as a tea
- Repeat twice cup in a day
6) Vitamins for Common Cold Treatment
Vitamins are very important to keep us healthy. Vitamins help to improve the immune system and strong immune system helps to prevent you from several infections. For treating cold and cough, vitamin C and vitamin D are very beneficial.
Take the Vitamin C and vitamin D supplements
Consume daily to get relief from cold symptoms
7) Turmeric Milk for Common Cold Treatment
Turmeric is well known natural home remedy to treat the many health problems. Turmeric is also beneficial to treat the common cold symptoms due to its antibiotic and antioxidant properties. Follow the given steps below and get rid of your cold, cough, muscle ache etc.
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and1 glass of hot milk
- Mix this properly
- Drink this turmeric milk at night
- Repeat this process daily before going to bed
8) Elderberry for Common Cold Treatment
Elderberry is great herb that helps to treat the cold symptoms and flu as well. Elderberry contains anti-inflammatory properties which is beneficial to reduce the sinuses swelling. Pregnant women and children should be avoided to use this remedy. Elderberry is also useful to boost the immunity system.
- Take Elderberry syrup
- Consume 1 tablespoon of this
- Repeat once daily
9) Baking Soda for Common Cold Treatment
Baking soda is another home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Baking soda contains antiviral property and it also helpful to restores the pH balance of body. Use this remedy to get rid of your cold and cough symptoms quickly.
- Take half teaspoon baking soda and 1 glass cool water
- Mix this properly
- Drink baking soda solution immediately
- Repeat this thrice in a day
10) Cinnamon for Common Cold Treatment
Cinnamon is helpful home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Cinnamon contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful to treat the infection causing cold, flu and cough.
- Take half teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix both properly
- Consume this effective mixture
- Repeat this two times in a day
11) Olive Leaf Extract for Common Cold
Olive oil is well known natural oil that helps to treat the common cold. Olive oil contains oleoresin that is rich in antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the inflammation and kill the viruses responsible for cold.
- Take 1 teaspoon olive leaf extract
- Consume extract with food
- Repeat thrice in a day with meal
12) Salt Water Gargling for Common Cold Treatment
Salt water gargling is very easy and simple home remedy that helps to treat the common cold symptoms. Salt water is beneficial to soothe sore throat that is the symptoms of common cold. Gargling is also helpful to get rid of infections causing cold and cough.
- Take 1 glass of hot water and 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix it properly till dissolve
- Gargle with this solution
- Repeat 4-5 times in a day for fast treatment of cold
13) Fenugreek for Common Cold Treatment
Fenugreek is very popular natural home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Fenugreek contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial to reduce the inflammation and get rid of common cold symptoms.
- Take 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds, honey and 1 glass of water
- Boil the seeds with water for 10 minutes
- Keep aside to be cool and then mix the honey in this
- Consume this effective solution
- Repeat this twice in a day
14) Black Pepper for Common Cold Treatment
Black papper is the great and easily available home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Black pepper ingesting will helpful to stem the mucus flow and reduce the sneezing problem. Black papper is helpful to treat the sore throat and pain effectively.
- Take half teaspoon ground black pepper and 1 glass lukewarm water
- Mix both properly
- Consume this solution
- Repeat thrice in a day for fast relief from cold
15) Onion for Common Cold Treatment
Onions are also one of the best natural home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Onions contain anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help to kill the viruses responsible for cold, flu and cough. Onions help to clear the nasal passages and clear the chest congestion. Use of onions is beneficial to treat the infections causes’ cold.
- Take 1 red onion and honey
- Peel the onion and cut various slices
- Pour the fresh honey over the onion slices
- Leave it for overnight
- Consume 2 honey onion slices in the morning\
- Repeat thrice in a day for fast relief from cold symptoms
16) Honey for Common Cold Treatment
Honey contains healing and antiviral properties that helps to treat the common cold symptoms effectively. Honey is also beneficial to treat the sore throat problem. Antiviral and antibacterial properties of honey help to deal with the virus and bacteria cause cold.
- Take 1 tablespoon raw honey and 1 glass warm water
- Mix honey in this till dissolve
- Drink this effective solution at night before going to bed
- Repeat this twice in a day for fast treatment of common cold
17) Ginger for Common Cold Treatment
Ginger is very effective natural home remedy to treat the common cold symptoms. Ginger provides fast relief from the cold, flu and cough. Ginger contains aroma effect which is beneficial to soothing your nose to treat the cold symptoms effectively. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that also are helpful to clear the chest congestion and nasal passage.
- Take ginger piece, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 cup of hot water
- Crush the ginger and soak in hot water for 10 minutes
- Strain this water and mix honey in this properly
- Consume this ginger tea
- Repeat thrice in a day for fast relief from common cold symptoms
In this article you have read about 17 best effective natural home remedies for common cold – causes and symptoms of cold. All these home remedies are easily available and effective to protect you from virus and bacteria cause cold. Please share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these beneficial remedy. Also kindly post this on facebook, twitter and whatsapp etc so as much as possible people known about this natural solution for treating common cold.