Dehydration problem is very common health problem. What is dehydration? Do you feel always thirsty? Then it seems that you are suffering with dehydration. Dehydration is the problem when body loose more water than it takes inside. It can be happen with any age people. Dehydration can be occurring with infant, kids, adult, men, and women. Dehydration is not very serious problem and it can be control and treated easily by homemade natural home remedies. In this article we are listing 13 top home remedies to treat dehydration. You will read the causes of dehydration, symptoms of dehydration and treatment of dehydration in this article. All these home remedies are safe to use and no side effects.
Common Causes of Dehydration
- Chronic Illnesses
- Frequent Urination
- Excess Sweating
Symptoms of Dehydration
- Dry and Sticky tongue
- Excessive Thirst
- Frequent Urination
- Dark Urine
Side Effects of Dehydration
There are some side effects of dehydration. Below we are listing some of them.
- Bad breath
- Frequent chills
- Cravings for sweets
- Eyes and cheeks appear sunken
- Cramps in the muscles
- Dry skin
Best Effective Natural Home Remedies for Dehydration
1) Coconut Water to Treat Dehydration
Coconut water is the most effective natural home remedy to treat the dehydration. Coconut water contains sodium and potassium in high volume which are the helpful to deal with dehydration. Consume the coconut water as describe below.
- Take 1 glass of coconut water
- Start drinking this throughout day
- Repeat the coconut water 5-6 times in a day
- This will help to control dehydration quickly
2) Lemon Water to Treat Dehydration
Lemon water is another natural home remedy to treat the dehydration very fast. Lemon has high level of potassium, sodium and magnesium that are very important ingredients to overcome dehydration. Lemon water is very simple to prepare at home. Use this magical home remedy to deal with dehydration.
- Take half lemon and 1 glass water
- Squeeze the juice from half lemon
- Mix this in water
- You can add honey in this solution for better taste
- Drink the lemon water
- Repeat this amazing natural lemon water 3-4 times in a day for fast recovery
3) Orange Juice to Treat Dehydration
Orange juice is the good natural home remedies for dehydration. Orange juice contains several minerals and vitamins which are helpful to get rid of dehydration problems. Orange juice also has potassium and electrolytes that help to provide fast recovery from dehydration.
- Take oranges
- Extract the juice from these
- Drink orange juice thrice in a day for quick recovery from dehydration
4) Yogurt to Treat Dehydration
Yogurt is easily available at your home and it is very simple to consume to treat the dehydration. Yogurt contains high amount of electrolytes that helps to restore the lost electrolytes in your body and treat the dehydration quickly.
- Take 1 cup yogurt and little salt
- Mix the salt in the yogurt properly
- Now consume this mixture
- Repeat the yogurt two times in a day
5) Homemade ORS to Treat Dehydration
Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS). This is one of the best solutions to treat the dehydration at no time. Taking ORS will help to restore the liquids which are lost during dehydration. You can find the ORS in the market. But we will let you know about the homemade ORS. How to make homemade ORS?
- Take half teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoon sugar and 4 cup water
- Mix all these properly till dissolved
- Start drinking this solution throughout the day
- You should drink the homemade ORS at least 3 liter in a day
6) Apple Juice to Treat Dehydration
Apples are very popular fruits which are rich source of magnesium and potassium as well. These properties of apples help to treat the dehydration naturally and effectively. Apple juice is helpful to restore the lost fluids during dehydration.
- Take 1 apple and 1 glass water
- Blend the apple with help of water
- Prepare the apple juice
- Drink the apple juice
- Repeat the apple juice twice in a day for best result
7) Cranberry Juice to Treat Dehydration
Another very good fruit to treat the dehydration is cranberry. Cranberry juice contains the high water which is helpful to recover from the dehydration. Sugar and salt present in the cranberry juice is also beneficial to deal with dehydration.
- Take 2 cups cranberry juice
- Start drinking cranberry juice
- Repeat this twice in a day for best result
8) Pickle Juice to Treat Dehydration
Pickle juice is another option to treat the dehydration. Pickle juice contains potassium and sodium that can be very effective to deal with dehydration. Consumption of pickle juice helps to restore the electrolytes in your body.
- Take 1/4 cup pickle juice
- Drink pickle juice once in a day
9) Lemon Essential Oil to Treat Dehydration
Lemon essential oil is the beneficial to treat the dehydration. Lemon essential oil has antioxidant and cleansing properties that help to treat dehydration.
- Take 2 drops of lemon essential oil and 1 glass water
- Mix lemon essential oil in glass of water
- Drink this solution once in a day
10) Peppermint Essential Oil to Treat Dehydration
Peppermint essential oil is another oil to treat the dehydration effectively. Peppermint essential oil contains potassium and magnesium that can be beneficial to restore the loss of electrolytes in your body.
- Take 2 drops peppermint essential oil and 1 glass water
- Mix this properly
- Drink this solution once in a day
11) Banana to Treat Dehydration
Banana is also one of the great fruit to treat dehydration. Banana contains potassium which is beneficial to restore the potassium lost during dehydration. Banana is easily available in the market.
- Take Bananas
- Eat the banana
- Do this 2-3 times in a day
12) Green Tea to Treat Dehydration
Green tea is basically popular for weight loss but it can also use to treat the several health problems. Green tea is one of the mostly use home remedy to treat dehydration problem. Green tea contains the antioxidant, potassium and magnesium that are helpful to treat dehydration.
- Take 1 teaspoon green tea leaves and 1 cup of water
- Steep the green tea leaves in hot water
- Do this for 15 minutes
- Now strain and drink the green tea
- Repeat this effective tea thrice in a day for fast recovery from dehydration
13) Water to Treat Dehydration
Water which is the most important and easily available home remedy to treat dehydration. During dehydration our body loss the water as an result feeling weakness etc. Drinking plenty of water helps to recover from dehydration very quickly.
- Take the cool water, not child
- Start drinking plenty of water through out the day
- You should drink at least 5-6 liter water in a day
In this post you have gone through with the 13 top home remedies to treat dehydration. All these natural home remedies are easily available and safe to use. There are not any side effects of these remedies. Please share this post to your friend so that they can take the advantage of these home remedies and treat their dehydration problems.