Periods are the important part of every woman’s life. They are facing this condition in every month. Some time they suffer with painful situation during period. Women always want to find the easy and simple method to deal with period cramps. Period cramps are also known as dysmenorrheal. We are listing some 12 effective natural home remedies for period cramps.
Causes of Period Cramps
- Heavy blood flow
- First baby birth
- Contraction and relaxation of uterine muscles
- Overproduction of prostaglandin
Symptoms of Period Cramps
- Mild diarrhea
- Fatigue and dizziness
- Cramping ache in lower abdomen
- Constant pain in lower back
Best Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps
Lavender Oil for Period Cramps
Lavender oil is another natural home remedies quite effective in treating period cramps. Lavender oil contains anti-inflammatory property that helps to provide relief from pain.
- Take few drops of lavender oil and 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix these properly
- Apply this mixture on lower abdomen and back
- Alternatively you can put 3-4 drops lavender oil in diffuser and inhale vapors
- Repeat this twice in a day
Chamomile Tea for Period Cramps
Chamomile is another natural home remedies for treating the period cramps. It has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that help to reduce the pain and inflammation as well as relaxing the uterine muscles.
- Take 1 chamomile tea bag, honey and one cup hot water
- Now soak chamomile tea bag in hot water
- Keep as it is for 10 minutes
- Now keep aside this to be cool down and mix little honey
- Start drinking tea twice in a day
Aloe Vera Juice for Period Cramps
Aloe Vera is most popular natural home remedies for several health issues. This contains healing and anti-inflammatory properties that help to provide relieve from painful situation during menstrual cycle. Follow the given process and get rid of menstrual pain.
- Take half cup aloe Vera juice
- Start drinks juice once in a day
- You should start 4-5 days before your menstrual period
Ginger for Period Cramps
Ginger is also very effective and popular natural home remedies for period cramps. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the period cramps pain.
- Take small pieces of ginger, little honey and one cup hot water
- Steep pieces of ginger in hot water
- Do this for 15 minutes
- Keep aside to be cool and mix honey in this
- Drink this slowly as a tea
- Repeat this thrice in a day
Yogurt for Period Cramps
Yogurt is another very good home remedy for treating the period cramps. This is basically rich source of calcium and contains vitamin D that help to reduce the period cramps pain and its symptoms.
- Take cup of yogurt
- Start eating at least one cup yogurt at once
- Repeat this thrice in a day
Vitamin D for Period Cramps
Vitamin D is also a good method to get the relief from period pain and cramps. The main cause of period cramps is production of prostaglandin and vitamin D helps to reduce the product of this.
- You should take the vitamin D supplement
- Also need to add vitamin D foods in your daily diet
- Vitamin D foods such as cheese, egg yolks, cereals and fish
Green Tea for Period Cramps
Green tea is also proven natural remedies for period pain and cramps. Green tea contains natural antioxidant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to provide relieve from the pain and inflammation due to period cramps
- Take 1 teaspoon green tea leaves, honey and one cup water
- Boil green tea leaves with water for 5 minutes
- Now keep aside to be cool
- Mix the little honey for better taste
- Start drinking this green tea thrice in a day
Epsom Salt for Period Cramps
Epsom salt is another popular natural remedy for several health problems. It is also called magnesium sulfate. It has anti-inflammatory property that can help to deal with the pain caused by period cramps.
- Take 2 cups of Epsom salt and tub filled with water
- Mix Epsom salt in bath tub
- Now soak in the bath tub
- Do it for 15 minutes
- You need to apply this method just before 3 days of your menstrual cycle
Fenugreek Seeds for Period Cramps
Fenugreek seeds are also very effective to provide the relief from the pain and inflammation caused by period cramps. It contains lysine and tryptophan-rich proteins that can effectively reduce the cramps in your menstrual cycle.
- Take 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds and glass of water
- Soak fenugreek seeds in this water
- Leave it for overnight
- In the morning drink this water
- Remember to do this with empty stomach
- Do this just before two days from your menstrual cycle
Lemon Juice for Period Cramps
Lemon juice is great home remedy to treat the period cramps. Lemon contains anti-inflammatory properties that helps to provide quick relief from period cramps and pain. Lemon juice is also great for your digestive system.
- Take half lemon, little honey and a glass of water
- Squeeze the lemon in glass of warm water
- Mix little honey in this
- Drink this solution
- Repeat this once daily in the morning
- Remember that you should drink with empty stomach
Heating Pads for Period Cramps
Heating pads is an easy and simple method to deal with period cramps. Heat pad has the anti-inflammation effect and due to this it will be very effective to provide you the relief from period pain. It will give you relaxation during menstrual time.
- Take the heating pad
- You can take glass bottle with filled hot water
- Now place this on lower abdomen and lower back
- Do this for 15 minutes
- Other method is you can take cloth soak in hot water and wrap this around your lower abdomen
Foot Massage for Period Cramps
Foot massage is another good method to deal with period cramps. Every one foot has a pressure point that can be provide immediate relief from pain and period cramps. You should carefully give the pressure at about three finger widths above ankle bone. This easy method can also helpful in reducing the symptoms such as bloating, insomnia, and dizziness.
Addition Tips That May Help
- Drink plenty of water daily
- Increase the Fruits in your daily diet
- Follow the Healthy Daily Diet
- Avoid Alcohol
- Avoid Sweets
- Do Regular Exercise and Yoga
- Live Stress less life
- Stop Smoking
In this post you have gone through with 12 effective home remedies for period cramps. Please share this post to your known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these remedies and live a healthy and pain less life.