Are you suffering with the knee pain and swelling? Chondromalacia patellae is also the same condition related to the knee pain. Chondromalacia patellae is also called as a runner’s knee. It can be occur due to acute injury. Chondromalacia patellae is commonly found in athletics and the people having arthritis. You can ratify this problem during running, standing up, kneeling and climbing, if you face the keen pain that means you are suffering with Chondromalacia patellae. We are listing 10 best effective home remedies for Chondromalacia patellae.
Common Causes of Chondromalacia patellae
- Flat feet
- Injury to kneecap
- Improper physical activity
1) Cold Compress for Chondromalacia patellae
Cold compress is the very easy and simple method to reduce the knee pain and swelling. You can easily use this method at your home. Cold compression helps you to constrict the blood vessels that can be beneficial for dealing with pain and swelling.
- Take the some ice cubes and clean towel
- Wrap the ice cubes in this
- Place this on the knee for 15 minutes
- Repeat this 4-5 times in a day
2) Compression for Chondromalacia patellae
Compression is also great method to deal with knee swelling and pain. Compression helps to protect fluid from accumulating of knee. It is very easy to use at your home.
- Take an ace wrap or elastic
- Wrap this bandage on the affected knees
- Leave it for whole day
- Before going to bed at night, remove this
3) Apple Cider Vinegar for Chondromalacia Patellae
Apple cider vinegar is a great natural home remedy for Chondromalacia Patellae. This will effectively deal with knee pain and swelling. ACV has also alkalizing effect that is beneficial for arthritis problem.
- Take 3 table spoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix this in warm water
- Now soak a cloth in this mixture
- Wrap this towel around knees
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process thrice in a day
4) Massage for Chondromalacia patellae
Another good method to reduce the knee pain and swelling is massage. Massage helps to improve blood circulation as a result it gives you the fast relieve from knee pain and swelling. You can use the oil to do the massage of your knees.
- Take the coconut oil
- Make it little warm
- Gently apply on your affected knees
- Give the massage on knees with little pressure by figures
- Repeat this several times in a day
5) Turmeric for Chondromalacia patellae
Turmeric is well known natural home remedy for several health problems. Turmeric is also called natural pain killer. It has anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce knee pain and swelling in the affected knee. It also helps to improve blood circulation of your knee area.
- Take 2 tablespoon turmeric powder and 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix these properly and prepare the thick paste
- Gently apply this paste on your knee
- Now use the bandage to cover this
- Leave it for 3 hours
- Then wash t with lukewarm water
- Repeat twice in a day
6) Ginger for Chondromalacia patellae
Ginger is another natural home remedies for pain and swelling. This is also acting a natural pain killer chondromalacia patellae. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that helps to reduce the pain, inflammation and swelling caused by chondromalacia patellae.
- Take the ginger and water
- Add the ginger in water and make it boil for 10 minutes
- Prepare the ginger tea
- Now strain and drink slowly
- Repeat this thrice in a day
7) Drink Plenty of Water for Chondromalacia patellae
I think drinking plenty of Water is most easiest and simple way to reduce the knee pain, inflammation and swelling. Sufficient water in the body helps to soften the cartilage around your knee and keep them hydrated. Water also helps to blood circulation around your knee and as a result you can get the relief from knee pain and inflammation.
8) Blackstrap Molasses Drink Chondromalacia patellae
Blackstrap Molasses is another great remedy for dealing with pain and swelling caused by Chondromalacia Patellae. It contains calcium, potassium, and magnesium that help to treat knee pain and inflammation. Blackstrap molasses is useful to treat the arthritis symptoms as well.
- Take 2 tablespoon blackstrap molasses and 2 cup water
- Mix these and heat
- Drink this mixture once in a day
9) Exercise for Chondromalacia patellae
Till now you have read about home remedies for Chondromalacia Patellae. But with all the home remedies you must do the light exercise also. Doing exercise can reduce the knee pain as well as arthritis pain. More weight is one of the main reasons for the knee pain so you need to reduce the weight with exercise that will also help you to deal with the knee pain and inflammation.
In this post you have gone through with the 10 best effective ways to deal with Chondromalacia Patellae or knee pain. Please share this article to your known ones so that they can also take the advantage of this article.
10) Elevation for Chondromalacia patellae
Elevation is another method to reduce the knee pain and swelling. Elevate your knee above chest level if you have chondromalacia patellae. This method helps to improve the blood circulation of knee area that helps to deal with the inflammation, pain and swelling of knee area.
- Take the 2-3 pillows
- Keep these under your leg during sleeping
- Elevate the affected knees
- Do this several times in a day